Gibson Heritage Standard 80 - Beautiful Sounds !

Sort of the first vintage reissue from Gibson and very collectable now. Miles away from the 59 specks though. Both Gibson and Fender had to start to take notice of the fact that people preferred their older models over what they built at the time. That's way better that Fenders first attempt at going back to the small head. Neither company bothered to research the originals and just produced a vague look alike that any real enthusiast would see was wrong from across the room. Great piece of history.

Sort of the first vintage reissue from Gibson and very collectable now. Miles away from the 59 specks though. Both Gibson and Fender had to start to take notice of the fact that people preferred their older models over what they built at the time. That's way better that Fenders first attempt at going back to the small head. Neither company bothered to research the originals and just produced a vague look alike that any real enthusiast would see was wrong from across the room. Great piece of history.
Thanks a lot Andy ! Yes I have to admit that these are something different than other LP and a good attempt but not towards the old good specs.....sound wise, this guitars also has something, can't put my fingers on it yet...feels a bit flat , relaxed..perhaps the 0.10 strings as I am used to play 0.11 and higher action...feels like this guitar is sleeping...it is also only hanging on the wall of my friends place with 20 others guitars , so hardly gets any playing as he loves the Strats more...

That is a lovely-looking guitar. I had one when they first came out which had the 4-digit number 2150 and was finished in a tobacco sunburst. Back in those days, I could never achieve good tones with the gear that I owned . If I am honest as much as I love Les Paul's I never really gelled with the guitar. If only I had owned a Fractal device back then! Your playing and tones are fantastic.

Last edited:
That is a lovely-looking guitar. I had one when they first came out which had the 4-digit number 2150 and was finished in a tobacco sunburst. Back in those days, I could never achieve good tones with the gear that I owned so sold the guitar. If I am honest as much as I love Les Paul's I never really gelled with the guitar. If only I had owned a Fractal device back then! Your playing and tones are fantastic.
Thanks a lot man for watching and your comments !! The looks are really very very nice indeed !! Too bad of course it luckily we have so many choices with guitars lately….. plenty which can give us the ‘feel’ we want also sound wise of course ;)

Back
Top Bottom