Gibson es-339 question?

Part of my experience with the 335 style was it sounded so close to my les paul style guitars (was paul-less at the time, imagine!) that it wasnt worth dealing with the large body for a small tonal change.

Hopefully not a derail, but im hoping a fully hollow p90 or bucker guitar would sound substantially different plugged in to warrant having around.
Hopefully not continuing to derail, but FWIW, I've got a 330 w/P90s and it does sound substantially different. Acoustically, it's louder and more, well, acoustic sounding, more so than my old Ovation (not quite as loud, but not far off and better sounding). Mine is (I believe) a 2017 Memphis-made with the stock P90s. Take this with a grain of salt, though, because I've also got a 2014 345 that I don't think sounds that close to my Les Paul. Anyway...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming (sorry @Stratman68 - wish you the best in your quest!) Heard great things about Eastman! I don't own one, though, so nothing to add.

Hopefully not continuing to derail, but FWIW, I've got a 330 w/P90s and it does sound substantially different. Acoustically, it's louder and more, well, acoustic sounding, more so than my old Ovation (not quite as loud, but not far off and better sounding). Mine is (I believe) a 2017 Memphis-made with the stock P90s. Take this with a grain of salt, though, because I've also got a 2014 345 that I don't think sounds that close to my Les Paul. Anyway...

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming (sorry @Stratman68 - wish you the best in your quest!) Heard great things about Eastman! I don't own one, though, so nothing to add.

Yeah. P90’s! Love ‘em. Sorry stratman for the further derail but I’m on a P90 binge. Go Eastman!

No problem at all man :)

I don't know if that helps, but I once owned an ES-339 and a CS-336 at the same time. I agree that the ES-339 sounds more like a Les Paul than an ES-335, what was previosly mentioned here. Compared to a bandmates ES-335 the CS-336 was closer to it. Sold the ES-339 and kept the CS-336.

So I was checking specifics on the Eastman T484-Body is same as 339. 12" radius-Ebony fingerboard. Says Center block. What is curious is the Traditional Even C Profile neck? I could not find an image for that. I know of course what a C profile is. Never heard of Even C? Anyone know cause I am really liking what I read about this guitar
Eastman says they are made in Beijing, China and are the ONLY guitars made there? Not sure if that's a fact.
I can get a new one for $1,345 and free shipping. I can also counter the offer and try and get less.
They are $1,599 most places. The sweetwater link is above in #25.
I had the 335/339 itch a while back and was researching just like you. Fortunately my job took me near a dealer (Blues Angel Music) for Eastman guitars and so I stopped in and played several. I left with a T486 (their take on the 335). It is an INCREDIBLE guitar and suits me just right, mostly because I play acoustic primarily. I will say is the neck is very comfortable, but be aware it is almost and inch and three quarters wide so that may or may not be an issue for you. The build quality is equal to or greater than most ‘G’ guitars that I played during my search, and most of them come with great pickups (SD, Lollar, etc.).

I have a 335 and an early custom shop 339. My 339 has the 30/60 neck. Back then there were two options for necks. From a recent discussion with a friend it sounds like the neck on mine isn't and hasn't been available for a good while. My 339 sounds very similar to my 335. I like the bridge pickup sound better on the 335 and the neck pickup sound better on the 339. They have the same pickups in them. For me the 339 is more comfortable to play. I gravitate more toward it of the two. However, I am thinning the collection out this year and both of them may get sold. I have a couple of PRS hollow body guitars that I tend to reach for before either of the Gibson semi-hollow guitars.

Back
Top Bottom