Giant Steps goes overdrive

Thanks Radix! Yeah, that was a last minute adjustment. I listened again before the last setting and it just sounded boxy and mid rangy and like I had socks over my ears. So I made a quick adjustment -- too much. Sometimes this stuff is just a matter of point of view. I get it right and an hour later or 10 minutes, it's all wrong. So I jacked the treble up too high.

And thanks for the compliment!!

Henry,
Love you playing man, not enough jazz going around these days.
Liked both versions and both amps are among my favs, but prefere the Dumble as it cuts better in the track.
Have you though about reamping with the Dumble Overdrive amp/channel ?? I think the Dumble overdrive might give you the best of both worlds meaning the cut from the clean Dumble and the edge and sustain horn-like quality as well - worth a try.

Thanks brother rocket! Actually that WAS the Dumble lead. I just dialed it back. It was going to be the overdrive channel. I was never going to go quite THAT overdrive. But I kept dialing it back. I saved that preset and tried other amps until I found the Nuclear-Tone. I just dug it. I changed most everything in the preset, of course.

Just for myself, then I was going to do my clean preset, a dirty one and the overdrive, which was the Nuke. So I ended up not doing my clean, as it didn't cut through at all and couldn't keep up with the speed. It just mushed out with too much reverb and low end. So the dirty was the Dumble Lead, which was the clean here.

Back
Top Bottom