GHOST!

Then I've gone and miss the satire.

Thanks
I must admit I did at first, so I did some research and listened to some interviews, then I got it. Must admit even at my age I'm a bit obsessed ( or possessed ;) ) at the moment. I've even been walking the dog with my IEMs in blasting it out.

I must admit I did at first, so I did some research and listened to some interviews, then I got it. Must admit even at my age I'm a bit obsessed ( or possessed ;) ) at the moment. I've even been walking the dog with my IEMs in blasting it out.

Wait till you see them live. I just hit 10 shows last night in San Diego. They are on another level right now and their live shows are killer.

I've seen them sometime when zipping thru channels on TV, and just thought its another mediocre band trying to gain fame by dressing like that.
Due to the threads here i loaded them on spotify and i must confess they have some really nice songs, Pinnacle to the pit, He is and Mummy dust being the favorites. It took a couple of listens to make the songs stick and that's a good sign for me, tunes that i like instantly often tire me as fast.
I appreciate they focus on the songs and not technical brilliance on their instruments. I don't care about their customs and "Satan worship" thing, but it's a clever way to get attention amongst all the thousands of bands trying to make it in this industry.

I got the cd and I will admit it's growing on me, some really catchy melodies, and un predictable chord changes, for me at least. I'm starting to get it.

I think their record label was quoted saying "if it wasn't for the satanic lyrics, they would be super stars" and I think it's probably true, but I respect their decision to stick to their vision and not sell out.
Lets face we're all musicians on here, so we can appreciate the song writing talent, melodies and killer riffs.
I also love the acoustic gigs they did, check out

just pure entertainers, something that is often overlooked nowadays.

Last edited:
I've seen them sometime when zipping thru channels on TV, and just thought its another mediocre band trying to gain fame by dressing like that.
Due to the threads here i loaded them on spotify and i must confess they have some really nice songs, Pinnacle to the pit, He is and Mummy dust being the favorites. It took a couple of listens to make the songs stick and that's a good sign for me, tunes that i like instantly often tire me as fast.
I appreciate they focus on the songs and not technical brilliance on their instruments. I don't care about their customs and "Satan worship" thing, but it's a clever way to get attention amongst all the thousands of bands trying to make it in this industry.

Check out Pinnacle to the Pit on Deezer sessions. The bass tone is out of this world!

Saw Ghost open for Opeth and Mastodon in Seattle 04-30-2012. Pretty much an attack on all your senses. Good show. Glad to see them doing well and wish them continued success.

I've been listening to more of their stuff today. This is seriously cool stuff. Maybe I'm really out of touch but they are the most unique hard rock band I've heard in years. They're like Alice in Chains goes to Sweden. They use surprisingly low gain compared to most newer bands which leaves room for that bass and listening to their live clips they don't have the typical metal band wall of mush and fizz. Even the keyboards feel well integrated instead of more of an afterthought like so many other bands. And they're not hampered by some desire to prove their chops at every turn.

You're doing bass presets??? Cool!
Does that mean we will soon see some fractal bass presets added to the standards?

Thanks
Pauly

PS: Both guitarists are now fully Fractal and I'll be meeting with the bassist tomorrow to do some preset work and tone matching.
If you're a fan, watch for a late night TV surprise on Friday Oct 30th.

Back
Top Bottom