Getting Up And Running With A Standard.

Hi, I've just picked up a Standard - my first but probably not my last Fractal product. Managed to source a pdf manual, but wondering - is there a software editor for this model? Not sure if the one featured on the Fractal site is for the II only. Also, the firmware is 11:00, and is this the last update prior to the unit not being supported? If not, where can I get it? Finally, I'm assuming I need some kind of editor to download custom user presets??
BTW, I totally understand the following Fractal has - even though this is quite old, it sounds great.
Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help offered.

On the FAS site: Support -> Product Downloads -> Legacy

The Axe-Edit beta that works with the old 1st gen units, preset banks, manuals, etc. are kept there. And yes, 11.00 was the final firmware update.

Thanks, man- I take it it's the MIDI connectors that sends and receives info between PC and Axe-FX, as there's no USB on the Standard.
Cheers.
I use the M-Audio M-Track for talking to Ultras/Standards and the MFC-101. Good Midi interface and decent audio interface in a pinch.

Thanks for all the help, guys- a really nice forum here- I can sense you all love the Fractal stuff. Even though I can only afford the old Axe Standard it really is head and shoulders above any other processor I have used before. It's the first one I've used that makes me actually use the vol control on my guitar when out gigging. It also has 'something' that makes it stand out in the mix when playing live - some kind of 'shimmer' or something? Hard to fathom it out, really. I'll be waiting for the AX8 to become available in the UK, and then grab one of those...

Back
Top Bottom