Getting the Blue Mix-Fi headphones

Bones86

Hi FAS gang 🤘

I have the possibility now to purchase the Blue Mix-Fi (demo / used once or twice) headphones at a fair price everything included + original box.

I think I read here that this was Cliff’s and the FAS devs prefered option for headphones.

Should I pull the trigger on these? I will use headphones like 90% of the time now so I might as well go get some of the best there is.

I also looked into buying new Sennheiser HD 600s, but think I would prefer closed back HP.

Should I get these is what I am getting at 😅 Using the Axe Fx ll original but saving up for the FX lll Mk. 2 Turbo.

Thanks for your input.

I have an older pair - Blu MoFi

They were great at the time… But they are quite heavy. Kind of bass focused as well.

I’m now super happy with Ollo Audio S5x (at 2x the blu mofi)

The Mix-Fi is darker than most headphones, which I feel translates better to studio monitors and FRFR systems. I find almost all headphones to be too bright, with the Mix-Fi being an exception.

Some people complain about their weight. They are heavy for a headphone, but it has never bothered me.

The detachable cables are thin and not particularly durable. You can get replacements from Amazon, but not from Blue.

The pads will eventually start falling apart and breaking. You can get 3rd party aftermarket replacement ear pads. However I have never been able to find a replacement headband pad.

The Mix-Fi is darker than most headphones, which I feel translates better to studio monitors and FRFR systems. I find almost all headphones to be too bright, with the Mix-Fi being an exception.

Some people complain about their weight. They are heavy for a headphone, but it has never bothered me.

The detachable cables are thin and not particularly durable. You can get replacements from Amazon, but not from Blue.

The pads will eventually start falling apart and breaking. You can get 3rd party aftermarket replacement ear pads. However I have never been able to find a replacement headband pad.
This is my exact experience. Heavy, but not really an issue (for me). Ear pads replacements are available on Amazon, but I also cannot find a replacement for the top pad. I have reached out to Blu and Logitech and the replacements pads are not available.

I still use mine. As is widely known, some models have a problem with the faux leather flaking off. The brown ones don't seem to do this as much.

However, for everyday use, I now prefer Apple AirPods Max.

Thanks for sharing. I found replacement cups / pads on Amazon I will place an order to have a pair in backup :)

This is my exact experience. Heavy, but not really an issue (for me). Ear pads replacements are available on Amazon, but I also cannot find a replacement for the top pad. I have reached out to Blu and Logitech and the replacements pads are not available.
I read they are heavy but to be honest I prefer that. I tend to bob my head when playing ect so I like to have something that feels rather stuck to the melon :) Thanks

I still use mine. As is widely known, some models have a problem with the faux leather flaking off. The brown ones don't seem to do this as much.

However, for everyday use, I now prefer Apple AirPods Max.
Thank you. It is great to get all this feedback. Much appreciated. This is a great community 😊

Back
Top Bottom