Getting that Marshall Plexi splat?

ezvictor

Inspired
Looking for the Plexi on 10 sound that kind of sounds like a high end splat on the attack of the note. Anybody know what I’m talking about? What parameter would achieve this?

Not sure of what that sounds like. Any recorded samples out there on songs?

And I do like me some Pliny. Heheh 😋

This probably has the best example. I hear it a lot out of dimed plexi clips and could hear it when I had a bray modded 1987x.
It’s the high end splat on the double stops especially the upper strings. You can hear it when Pete Thorn plays runnin with the devil.

Last edited:

This probably has the best example. I hear it a lot out of dimed plexi clips and could hear it when I had a bray modded 1987x.
It’s the high end splat on the double stops especially the upper strings. You can hear it when Pete Thorn plays runnin with the devil.

I’ve seen that video before. Very cool but I don’t remember… did they mix the amp for the video? Or is there camera mic room audio going on? Maybe a mix of both. You get a lot of extra zing from room mics, especially the little condensers in a camera.

I’ve seen that video before. Very cool but I don’t remember… did they mix the amp for the video? Or is there camera mic room audio going on? Maybe a mix of both. You get a lot of extra zing from room mics, especially the little condensers in a camera.
:48 the video says “muting the camera mic”
“Mainly hearing the e609 in the cab “

Holy cr*p that must have been loud. Ears ringing loud. Think I know what you were referring to on the splat, but no idea of how to recreate that.

Could it be the microphone preamp clipping? If so, perhaps try overdriving one of the mic preamps in the cab block.
Wilco.
4:09 when the guy hits the open G and B there’s a smearing splat that’s just sooo damn cool it’s almost a fuzz characteristic

Could it be the microphone preamp clipping? If so, perhaps try overdriving one of the mic preamps in the cab block.
Not sure that’s the thing but it did add little instability (good) to the nature of the sound. Had fun jamming out for a while.

Last edited:
Is this the same as the splat you’re referring to? At the time this came out I was intrigued with the splatty quality of the distortion. Heard clearly on the D A after riffing in E.

Back
Top Bottom