Getgood drums and kontakt in reaper?

Brownmatthall

Power User
SO, let me preface this by saying GGD put out a demo version of their matt halpern sig pack for free where you only get a handful of the drum shells available. Naturally I scoop this up to see what all the fuss is about but I've never gelled with kontakt and the fact that these run on it exclusively is a big off put for me and a big part of why I skipped them. But I figured its worth one more shot since these are literally free and sound really good everywhere I hear them. 24 hours later and its only reaffirmed why I hate the everlasting crap out of this plugin, but I would really like to at least TRY these out so If anyone can help me get this shit in working order I would be VERY thankful!

Now I have kontakt player which nolly has said would run the samples for 15 minutes before I would have to restart it, which is fine. But when I load up GGD in kontakt I'm not getting the full interface even after directing it to the .nki directory thing, I can still click through the options but I'm flying blind essentially. Next up, I cant get ANY sound out of this. Like...AT ALL. I've tried all kinds of routing options within and outside of kontakt and none of it makes a damn difference, Now im definitely not a computer wizard but I'm certainly not a slouch and have done some scouring to no avail, SSD 4 works fine, every other VST I've acquired works fine, but I'm at loss right now so any kind of direction with this so I can at least get a taste of what these can do would be beautiful

I'm pretty sure there's a GGD forum, and that a number of users there have outlined and detailed how to get it working well in Reaper

Check YouTube if you haven't @Brownmatthall

I learned everything from people (including Nolly and co) from there. Super informative and I couldn't be a bigger plugin n00b! They sound absolutely stunning and I can't see myself using anything else for a long time.

Check YouTube if you haven't @Brownmatthall

I learned everything from people (including Nolly and co) from there. Super informative and I couldn't be a bigger plugin n00b! They sound absolutely stunning and I can't see myself using anything else for a long time.
I actually figured it out some time ago, I still prefer slate cuz I have all my drum programming experience on it but occasionally I'll use the snare from ggd

Back
Top Bottom