Get the sound of 10.x in 11.x?

Hey, just experimented around with V11.3. After messing around with a few things and testing in song context I realize that I like the 10.x tones better.

I use the Das Metal amp for my main tone. It sounds more dynamic in the new version, but also a bit "clunkier". I liked the more compressed sound of v10

Any way to easily get the exact same 10.x tone out of 11.x while still getting the "other" updates + amps/cabs of the new firmware?

Thanks!

There used to be a parameter in the Global menu where you could choose between modeling versions. It's gone.
I recommend to stick with v11.

Das Metall is based on schematics (no MIMIC). It can't be that different from the 10.x version.
Experiment with adjusting COMP. Also, for more compression try adjusting Transformer Match (Xfrmr Match).

Default comp values in the amp block with v11 default to very different values compared to v10. I've found that if I turn the comp down to 0-10% my presets sound very similar to my v10 presets. I actually like the more dynamic tones coming from v11 most of the time but I do have a couple of presets that I wanted to keep the same sound I had with v10.

Default comp values in the amp block with v11 default to very different values compared to v10. I've found that if I turn the comp down to 0-10% my presets sound very similar to my v10 presets. I actually like the more dynamic tones coming from v11 most of the time but I do have a couple of presets that I wanted to keep the same sound I had with v10.

Thanks a ton it was the comp value. Turned it back down to 0 and the tone is very similar (if not just a hint more dynamic, possibly in a good way).

Back
Top Bottom