Gentle Giant fan Proclamation video

grandinq

Power User
If you are a fan of Gentle Giant, this is a helluva treat. The band collected snippets people sent in playing along with Proclamation and edited it together. Band members pop in at various points as well. This is such a joyous celebration of incredible music.

What's awesome is that when you like a band like Gentle Giant, you can almost feel like you're the only one. I mean, I could walk around work, my neighborhood, a party I'm invited to, and odds are good nobody knows who I'm talking about. But then you see this, and realize that a ton of other people are into them as well. Feels good man.

What's awesome is that when you like a band like Gentle Giant, you can almost feel like you're the only one. I mean, I could walk around work, my neighborhood, a party I'm invited to, and odds are good nobody knows who I'm talking about. But then you see this, and realize that a ton of other people are into them as well. Feels good man.

I hear you on that one. To paraphrase Yukon Cornelius, even among misfits they’re misfits!

Wow! Fabulous. I didn't know anyone else knew about Gentle Giant. I am a big fan. I got to see them live...I believe it was 1971 in Hampton Roads Coliseum, Hampton, VA. The Shulman Brothers, switched instruments throughout the concert... It was an amazing experience. I believe they opened up for Humble Pie. Of course they stole the show. Amazing Music!

This is how I remember them:

Last edited:
Wow! Fabulous. I didn't know anyone else knew about Gentle Giant. I am a big fan. I got to see them live...I believe it was 1971 in Hampton Roads Coliseum, Hampton, VA. The Shulman Brothers, switched instruments throughout the concert... It was an amazing experience. I believe they opened up for Humble Pie. Of course they stole the show. Amazing Music!

Wow, 1971! So at that point Phil was still in the band. That is so cool.

I have loved prog for a long time, but GG is even a level in that area. Watching them live was something else!

Wow, 1971! So at that point Phil was still in the band. That is so cool.

I have loved prog for a long time, but GG is even a level in that area. Watching them live was something else!
Sorry, I was wrong. The date I saw them was April 8, 1973 @Hampton Roads Coliseum, Hampton, Virginia...They did open for Humble Pie. I felt sorry for Humble Pie, as they had to follow these guys!

I lived in Dallas in the 80's and I read in a music magazine that Derek Shulman the lead singer in Gentle Giant had moved to Dallas and was going to be working as and A&R man for a record company. They were my favorite band at the time. I had all of their records. I called information and asked for a new phone listing for Derek Shulman and they gave me his number. I called him and he invited me over. I couldn't believe my luck. He had a music room with a couple dozen instruments of all sorts. I got to visit with him for a couple of hours. I still love Gentle Giant. I saw them live once and they were amazing.

I lived in Dallas in the 80's and I read in a music magazine that Derek Shulman the lead singer in Gentle Giant had moved to Dallas and was going to be working as and A&R man for a record company. They were my favorite band at the time. I had all of their records. I called information and asked for a new phone listing for Derek Shulman and they gave me his number. I called him and he invited me over. I couldn't believe my luck. He had a music room with a couple dozen instruments of all sorts. I got to visit with him for a couple of hours. I still love Gentle Giant. I saw them live once and they were amazing.

Derek is in NY now running 2Plus...

http://2plus.us/

That might be the coolest GG story I’ve ever heard. Was the “shulberry” one of the instruments he had?

Back
Top Bottom