General cable advise

HerrWolfe

Hello all! Many thank to Simeon and Zwiebelchen for help me understand noise problem with axe! I need correct Cable. I also get mission pedal and mfc yesterdays! Now I need connect everything up. I buy from Mission TRS cable for expression to mfc. I need another for that same pedal for button. Website do not say if Mission cable shield. Simeon tell I need shield cable. So my freinds, is mission good shield cable? I just needs one more of TRS for expression button from them! I also needs 2 shield XLR cable for axe to monitor. New shield instrument cable. I get instrument cable from Mission if shield. I am use ethernet for mfc. What is best cable for axe to mfc? My understand is you can not update mfc with ethernet? So third XLR or MIDI cable? Basic I just needs somone to tell me all what cable to buy! And location to buy! I do not trust myself to do it once more :|. I was very misled previous time. By am ways my freinds, I am take English class at commune college soon! Something I have want since come to America. I will fit better in, no? :D So forgive pitiful English in means time! Thank you all for help and tolerate!

For the Mission pedal, you will not need a shielded cable because no sound will pass through it.

For the Axe-Fx to MFC, any ethernet CAT5 cable will do. Again, no sound passes through it so it shouldn't matter.

I don't know about updating the MFC with CAT5 though so somebody else should probably answer that one.

And don't worry about your English, man. It's not perfect, but it's definitely good enough that you can get your point across!

For the Mission pedal, you will not need a shielded cable because no sound will pass through it.

For the Axe-Fx to MFC, any ethernet CAT5 cable will do. Again, no sound passes through it so it shouldn't matter.

I don't know about updating the MFC with CAT5 though so somebody else should probably answer that one.

And don't worry about your English, man. It's not perfect, but it's definitely good enough that you can get your point across!

Thank you very much my friend, very kind!

You can only update the MFC through MIDI.

I suspect as much from read manual. Thank you for confirm!

Anybody else who know about other questions?

I prefer to use a 7 pin MIDI cable for my Axe and MFC. Like a regular 5 pin, but it has phantom power. There are plenty of good hum buster cables about. There's no "best" cable out there. It's all a matter of preference. A lot of guys including myself use FRFR systems and that makes things easier as you only need a couple of good quality XLR cables and a decent instrument cable. Sorry if this isn't much help to you.

I prefer to use a 7 pin MIDI cable for my Axe and MFC. Like a regular 5 pin, but it has phantom power. There are plenty of good hum buster cables about. There's no "best" cable out there. It's all a matter of preference. A lot of guys including myself use FRFR systems and that makes things easier as you only need a couple of good quality XLR cables and a decent instrument cable. Sorry if this isn't much help to you.

My friend, you have answer all my question, but you give one more! And 7 pin midi will do? This make power adaptor moot?

Back
Top Bottom