Gemini FRFR cab

Where was the was the setting for the tweeter set on the Gemini,(range of Cab to Flat) ? Should be set to flat to compare with the others . Reducing this would yield more cab like results (as compared to the others being Full range ,described as more Hi Fi) wouldn't it?

Where was the was the setting for the tweeter set on the Gemini,(range of Cab to Flat) ? Should be set to flat to compare with the others . Reducing this would yield more cab like results (as compared to the others being Full range ,described as more Hi Fi) wouldn't it?

James put it in various positions so we could hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Axe Fx in question was mine... Played by me thru my Xitones, BreadTooth's CLRs and the Gemini.

The presets I played with are all my personal presets which were created by me for use with my band, and tweaked on my Xitones.

We did some very basic non-scientific side by side comparison of the 3. It was a lot of fun... Especially at the beginning when I had a pair of Xitones and a pair of CLRs both cranking! [emoji5]

All sounded great to me. I was definitely impressed by the Gemini... It certainly had the most "traditional cab" sound of the three.

Also prior to that CoopDeville played Mission's Axe Fx with factory presets a bit through a stereo pair of Geminis, and also played thru his own Axe Fx and some AccuGroove cabs.

The Gemini is FRFR using a coaxial driver similar to the Xitone.

And in case you are wondering I have no affiliation with any of these companies, just giving my own feedback on what went down at the Summit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very cool! sounds like it was a fun time.

So what do you think is it about the Gemini that makes it sound more like a traditional guitar cab? How about it's area of coverage, did it compair to the CLR in that respect or was it more of just a hey let's sit down infront of these and check it out type of deal?

all I know is the gemini nearly blew the room apart, every window was rattling; 2x12 would be severe overkill in a small room and likely amazing in a club, though James says 2x12 would be fine in a room, just turn it down some. The other amazing thing is the 2x12 has the ability with one input to send a stereo signal through dsp splitting each speaker. ie. you could have each speaker be a different ir.

I'll give a report on the Gemini 2-P on Friday, as that's when mine will be delivered. Glad to hear the active version fills a room quite nicely, and has a guitar cab response. That's really what I was looking for in an FRFR cab. I'm currently running my Ultra through a Carvin DCM1540L and a pair of Carvin LS1503 speakers. It'll be nice to hear the comparison with the Gemini and my new Matrix GT800FX.

Very cool! sounds like it was a fun time.

So what do you think is it about the Gemini that makes it sound more like a traditional guitar cab? How about it's area of coverage, did it compair to the CLR in that respect or was it more of just a hey let's sit down infront of these and check it out type of deal?

I think the cabinet-ness probably has done to do with the shape and dimension of it.

The dispersion didn't feel as broad as the Xitone or CLR, but I wasn't specifically listening for that.

Definitely had more of that bassy sound when on the side of the cab... Seemed to be less dispersion.

I think the cabinet-ness probably has done to do with the shape and dimension of it.

The dispersion didn't feel as broad as the Xitone or CLR, but I wasn't specifically listening for that.

Definitely had more of that bassy sound when on the side of the cab... Seemed to be less dispersion.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Do you happen to know if the Gemini has DSP for phase correction (between the coaxial tweeter/speaker) or if it is just an "off the shelf" coaxial design?

Remember your presets were designed for xitones yes far too bassy for Gemini.

Remember your presets were designed for xitones yes far too bassy for Gemini.

No, the presets sounded just fine when I was straight in front of the cab... Very similar to a traditional guitar cab...

I think the boomy sound is normal for all cabs if you stay on the side.

Not really so much for FRFR because they typically have a much wider degree of dispersion... At least the Xitone and CLR wedges we are comparing to.

I had a chance to bring one home from the event and it sounds great.

Empower lets you shape the tone and the convertible back will be a plus for my needs.

Also, the ability to play through MainStage/GuitarRig is a great backup/small rig option.

It sounds similar to my QSC K12 (ie full range) but has the real cab look.

I use 1x Gemini 1 active , Axefx11. Live in a Classic Rock Band, more than enough power to keep up.. And looks great.

Back
Top Bottom