Gemini 2x12 220 watt FRFR vs Mark V

I have the powered Gemini 2x12. Can't comment on real cab and power amp vs FrFr, but I can assure you like the above post volume won't be an issue. I can startle people walking by my house if I turn it up.

Personally I love mine coming from two Headrush 1x12. I'm just a living room player, but might occasionally jam so it was the better option for me than getting studio monitors to fit on my already crowded computer desk. Otherwise I'd have to make a separate music room but I like the convenience of my gaming rig and music setup in the same space.
You have the 2x12 Powered Gemini ? It's like $2200 I'm returning my Mark V for it. I heard its amazing and stereo is awesome to use with Axe FX III. I literally compared the Mark Models to my Mark V using the Mark's Poweramp and a 1x12 mini rec cab. It's super similar and found the Axe is easier to sculpt.

You have the 2x12 Powered Gemini ? It's like $2200 I'm returning my Mark V for it. I heard its amazing and stereo is awesome to use with Axe FX III. I literally compared the Mark Models to my Mark V using the Mark's Poweramp and a 1x12 mini rec cab. It's super similar and found the Axe is easier to sculpt.
Yeah. I got it for much less in excellent condition off Reverb though.

Yeah. I got it for much less in excellent condition off Reverb though.
I'm starting to wonder if I dont just keep the Mark V and wait on the Gemini 2x12. Also was considering just getting Hs8 Studio Monitors or just waiting in general use my Mark V with the Axe in 4cm thru my 1x12 mini rec for now. I'm just not sure.

I'm starting to wonder if I dont just keep the Mark V and wait on the Gemini 2x12. Also was considering just getting Hs8 Studio Monitors or just waiting in general use my Mark V with the Axe in 4cm thru my 1x12 mini rec for now. I'm just not sure.
I should have asked sooner but is this just for home use? Or are you wanting something for live use too?

I should have asked sooner but is this just for home use? Or are you wanting something for live use too?
Home only really. I have a little studio computer for recording small studio monitors. A few interfaces. My Mark V and my Axe FX III. No FRFR except my studio monitors and my nice head phones.

Home only really. I have a little studio computer for recording small studio monitors. A few interfaces. My Mark V and my Axe FX III. No FRFR except my studio monitors and my nice head phones.
What studio monitors? An FRFR won't really feel like a cabinet in the traditional sense. I ask because with some decent studio monitors you can get great sound and that may be all you need. The Yamaha HS8 are great. If you have some good monitors with 8" drivers or bigger you may not even miss a cabinet or FRFR. I think you would be happy with the Gemini. It will basically sound like out of Studio Monitors but "bigger". I personally feel like a physical Amp is unnecessary with a Fractal.

What studio monitors? An FRFR won't really feel like a cabinet in the traditional sense. I ask because with some decent studio monitors you can get great sound and that may be all you need. The Yamaha HS8 are great. If you have some good monitors with 8" drivers or bigger you may not even miss a cabinet or FRFR. I think you would be happy with the Gemini. It will basically sound like out of Studio Monitors but "bigger". I personally feel like a physical Amp is unnecessary with a Fractal.
whole reason I want the gemini is basically using impulse responses and having multiple amps using left and right pan etc. I have cheap studio monitors currently jbl.

I have the Gemini 2 and have been using it for about 3 months now. Sometimes I love this cab, sometimes I don't. When I play clean, slightly dirty, or even full on rock it sounds great. When I pull out the drop tuned guitars and prepare to chug I find that it lacks a little of the low end. I'm fortunate enough to have access to a PA system in our practice area so I know the patches have sufficient low end, it just seems that it isn't translating fully with the Gemini 2. I found that turning the Empower knob to about the 1 o'clock position helped some with this. Aside from the slight lack of low end even the metal patches translated very well and sound great. Volume-wise the Gemini 2 is great. I have no problems hearing myself with a full band. The single jack for stereo is just terrible though. At high volumes I had a lot of problems with the TRS plug vibrating causing my stero signal to cut in and out. So for live purposes I gave up on it and just run mono with an XLR cable. Overall I'd give it a solid 8/10.

whole reason I want the gemini is basically using impulse responses and having multiple amps using left and right pan etc. I have cheap studio monitors currently jbl.
I get it. I'm just suggesting you can do exactly the same thing with upgraded Studio Monitors. It is really just about dB beyond that. I do stereo with studio monitors or headphones. It gets plenty loud and plenty low-end too. I've not found a need for a FRFR at home, even though I have one.

I get it. I'm just suggesting you can do exactly the same thing with upgraded Studio Monitors. It is really just about dB beyond that. I do stereo with studio monitors or headphones. It gets plenty loud and plenty low-end too. I've not found a need for a FRFR at home, even though I have one.
I'm almost considering keep Mark V and buy HS8s. So I can do either

I'm almost considering keep Mark V and buy HS8s. So I can do either
Here's my opinion for a home player, which I am and for what my opinion is worth...If you want to keep your amp, keep it. I know nothing of the HS8's but I've got Output One going to my Gemini II...I use an EV-1 hooked to one of my FC-6's that is dedicated to be a Master Volume. I've got the Gemini at about 80% volume and adjusted all my presets to be 85-90dB with volume pedal pegged. Saves me from having to reach behind the cab or adjust in Edit or Front Panel.
Output Two goes to a pair of 100watt Kali LP-8v2's that were very affordable. All my presets have Output 1 and Output 2 blocks and I've spent a lot of time adjusting so I never get blasted when changing presets. I use the Kali's a bunch lately just because it's convenient but once in a while I'll turn on both,, get in the sweet spot and it's glorious!
I started with a FM3 before moving to the Turbo...when I first got it I had an old Carvin TS-100 stereo amp going to a 5150III 2x12 and a Carvin VX2X12...it was ok but I wasn't getting to use the Cabs...you can but it colors them.
Between the Factory cabs and the fact that most cab packs cost less than a dozen golfs balls it's just a shame to not get to use that variety.

Here's my opinion for a home player, which I am and for what my opinion is worth...If you want to keep your amp, keep it. I know nothing of the HS8's but I've got Output One going to my Gemini II...I use an EV-1 hooked to one of my FC-6's that is dedicated to be a Master Volume. I've got the Gemini at about 80% volume and adjusted all my presets to be 85-90dB with volume pedal pegged. Saves me from having to reach behind the cab or adjust in Edit or Front Panel.
Output Two goes to a pair of 100watt Kali LP-8v2's that were very affordable. All my presets have Output 1 and Output 2 blocks and I've spent a lot of time adjusting so I never get blasted when changing presets. I use the Kali's a bunch lately just because it's convenient but once in a while I'll turn on both,, get in the sweet spot and it's glorious!
I started with a FM3 before moving to the Turbo...when I first got it I had an old Carvin TS-100 stereo amp going to a 5150III 2x12 and a Carvin VX2X12...it was ok but I wasn't getting to use the Cabs...you can but it colors them.
Between the Factory cabs and the fact that most cab packs cost less than a dozen golfs balls it's just a shame to not get to use that variety.
I'm gonna try the Kali Lp6 v2. $400 for a pair heard good things about them. Then if I wanna play my Mesa I can or I can hook it to studio monitors too. I could use the Mark V 35 Cab clone straight to the monitors as well. Same with Axe I can keep it 4cm then use the xlr outputs to my interface.

I'm gonna try the Kali Lp6 v2. $400 for a pair heard good things about them. Then if I wanna play my Mesa I can or I can hook it to studio monitors too. I could use the Mark V 35 Cab clone straight to the monitors as well. Same with Axe I can keep it 4cm then use the xlr outputs to my interface.
I also have a pair of the LP6v2's...a little less power but sound just as good.

Do you have yours on a stand at all? I bought one of those tri-pod stands and it definitely was an improvement. I haven't really noticed the lack of chug playing strictly on 7-string in B-standard, but I'm just a hobby player so idk, could just be a lack of experience.

Do you have yours on a stand at all? I bought one of those tri-pod stands and it definitely was an improvement. I haven't really noticed the lack of chug playing strictly on 7-string in B-standard, but I'm just a hobby player so idk, could just be a lack of experience.
My happy spot...

Attachments

• IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
Back