Geek Alert! Apple content.

I'm more interesting in OS X 10.10 and iOS 8 for the iOS/OS X integrations. The new iPhone 6 is nice...but no rush to it for me. Meh on the watch. I'll have to see it in person. I kind of like my analog watch. :) Plus: I could see an uptick in thefts on BART and MUNI here once the watches land. Better to not be on the leading edge of that.

Meh on the phone. I just got a new phone 6 months ago and I am perfectly happy with it. The iwatch however intrigues me. Of course that depends on price and battery life...

Battery life of the watch is disappointing.
A watch that needs to be charged (electronically) every night, hmm. No use on long travels, holidays etc.

Shit, Tim Cook saw Edge's rig. Apple will be banging on Cliff's door with a checkbook anytime now. iAxe anyone?

U2 plays at the Apple Event, and U2's album is free on iTunes ... That checkbook has no cheques left I guess.

Absolutely disappointed by the iphone6, it does not lead the market at all, a lot of android phones do the same for about half the price... And the watch is a total gadget if you ask me...
Apple became a follower of its concurrents, nomore innovation...

i'm not trying to start a war, but i have friends with android phones that can do split screen or whatever apple is "copying" but what else can android phones do? i've never seen anyone actually do something with them... i'm not saying they can't, just friends of mine with iphones do multitrack recordings, video editing, photo editing, etc. my android friends use phone, text, camera hehe.

Battery life of the watch is disappointing.
A watch that needs to be charged (electronically) every night, hmm. No use on long travels, holidays etc.

i haven't seen anything regarding the battery life. did they say it needs to charge nightly?

i'm not trying to start a war, but i have friends with android phones that can do split screen or whatever apple is "copying" but what else can android phones do? i've never seen anyone actually do something with them... i'm not saying they can't, just friends of mine with iphones do multitrack recordings, video editing, photo editing, etc. my android friends use phone, text, camera hehe.

Why in the world would anyone want to do multitrack recordings, video editing, photo editing on a smartphone? That's like sucking a golfball thru a garden hose!

why would anyone want to use a digital 2 space box instead of a real amp?

you may be surprised how handy it is to have on a phone and how much work you see is actually done on mobile vs desktop these days.

No war here ;)
I have 2 phones, one iphone and one android, i do exactly the same on both : internet searchs, mail and other messagings consults, phone, sms, gps, games, online orders etc... but i did not find something that was easier or better done on iphone than android, maybe conversely... what i hate on iphone is i always feel like the phone does not belong to me, apple decides what i can or can not do, what i can install or modify, what i have to pay for...etc... i always feel like in jail.

What is wrong with you people?! Some random company released some new stupid stuff. Come on! Take a step back and think about it with a clear mind. Is life so empty that only news like this can make your hormone levels finally rise again?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with you people?! Some random company released some new stupid stuff. Come on! Take a step back and think about it with a clear mind. Is life so empty that only news like this can make your hormone levels finally rise again?

No.. but wait the new phone is slightly bigger/smaller than the old one.. and now there's a watch too that does most of the same stuff that the phones do.. but it's even smaller and stuck to your wrist... So now I can buy yet another device from Apple that does pretty much the same as the others I bought already.. and I can enjoy all these wonderful products while trying not to think too much about the employees who hate working in the factories that produce them so much that they are leaping to their death from the top floor windows.

Ok, so no one cured cancer this week but a release from Apple of it's latest tat is just as good isn't it?

/endSarcasm!

The new iPhone does nothing new, just minor refinements and bigger screens.

The watch doesn't do anything useful you can't already do on the iPhone, yet it requires you to also own an iPhone and keep it in proximity.

It seems the watch's benefit is twofold:

1). To save you from that difficult, laborious chore of pulling the phone out from your pocket.
2). To show off to people that you have the new cool Apple Watch.

I'm an iPhone user and an Apple fan, but I'm disappointed.

My 4s contract is up for renewal in November. My aging eyes will appreciate the extra screen size on the 6+. The optical image stabilization on the model is also a nice plus.

In a word. Yes.

I get excited about technology and gadgets. If Fractal releases FW 16.0, I'm as equally excited.

As far as I'm concerned, I look at my phone probably 50+ times a day. I would find it odd that someone WOULDN'T be excited about something that is so much a part of their lives. This is a product that looks very good so far, and whether you agree with Apple or not, they have put out very high quality products. This is not to say that they are the ONLY great product out there, but I, for one, LIKE that they make technology to be used in your life, and not involve you in the process of computing. If I felt like I needed apps that were not Apple approved, I would jailbreak the damn thing and install...but so far I haven't felt an overarching need.

FWIW, I'm a senior system engineer who works on just about any OS (well, not a mainframe guy.) I have no particular affiliation or axe to grind against any platform. I find Apple works best for me IN MY OWN PERSONAL DEALINGS.

But please don't pidgeon-hole those who get happy over stuff like this. Believe me, it's not the only thing that raises my hormone level.

R

Back
Top Bottom