Gator Shallow Rack Case or Standard Version?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone is using a Gator shallow rack with their axe fx 2? I was thinking of buying one but wanted to make sure it would fit before I did.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul

I don't know how shallow the shallow is, but it might be to close when you factor in cable.

Here is a shot of my Gator case just to give you an idea, mine is 17" deep.

John

Backofrack.jpg

Hi Paul

I don't know how shallow the shallow is, but it might be to close when you factor in cable.

Here is a shot of my Gator case just to give you an idea, mine is 17" deep.

Backofrack.jpg

Hi John

Thanks for the pic that certainly helps. According to the Gator website the standard racks are just over 19 inches in length and the shallow ones are just over 14 inches. I'm thinking the shallow on might work but then again I was gonna get a rolling rack on wheels which is only available with the standard version.

It just would of been cool to see how the shallow one fits with the axe fx 2

Paul

I have a shallow gator and it just sits out past the metal edge by maybe 1/4" , not optimum but the back cover goes on no problem ....I'll probably use one for mine

oh I have a 90 degree power plug as well so it doesn't stick out so far

Last edited:
I have a shallow gator and it just sits out past the metal edge by maybe 1/4" , not optimum but the back cover goes on no problem ....I'll probably use one for mine

oh I have a 90 degree power plug as well so it doesn't stick out so far

Thanks for the reply, any chance of a pic at all?

Thanks

Pauk

I say neither! Gator is crap my gator case the latches are loose and one broke and took them 3 months to get me the part and then the handle came off one side. Mine is now in a SKB!

I say neither! Gator is crap my gator case the latches are loose and one broke and took them 3 months to get me the part and then the handle came off one side. Mine is now in a SKB!

Yeah, I've got a couple of Gator cases. The latches have always been pretty average, and one of the racks isn't quite the same shape as when I bought it (never dropped it or anything).

That said, I wouldn't go for a shallow case. But then, I like to have everything wired up in the rack ready to go. So I need clearance at the back for the plugs to live permanently.

Thanks for the reply, any chance of a pic at all?

Thanks

Pauk

it looks like it is sticking out a bit further in the pics

I realised the power input on the II is the otherway around than the Ultra so unless I find another 90 degree plug I might just flip the socket (already checked easy to do)

DNW I do the same as you ...everything is prewired ready to go , this rack tho was setup for my Ultra all prewired

I've even got the wall warts in there as well for the wireless and midi phantom power!!! (can see in the pic)

these save alot of room to ..http://www.oritech.com.au/images/products/020429_0_tn.jpg

I have a surge protector with everything powered and just one power cable I uncoil in the back

Attachments

• rack.JPG
    rack.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 129
  • rack 2.JPG
    rack 2.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 127
Here is what it looks like in the back of my rack now
Case is a Gator 3U shallow....II and a wireless
I have a 90 degree power cord (I had to open up the II and flip the power socket as it faces the other way that the Ultra did)

the back closes up perfect ...its nice to have everything right there rather than having to look inside IMO

I sticks out past the edge about 1/4" but the lid goes on no problem (still plenty of space to put cables etc)

Attachments

• axe-fx rack.JPG
    axe-fx rack.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: jon
Here is what it looks like in the back of my rack now
Case is a Gator 3U shallow....II and a wireless
I have a 90 degree power cord (I had to open up the II and flip the power socket as it faces the other way that the Ultra did)

the back closes up perfect ...its nice to have everything right there rather than having to look inside IMO

I sticks out past the edge about 1/4" but the lid goes on no problem (still plenty of space to put cables etc)

nice, thanks for sharing, I was thinking about a shallow gator 3u as well

Back
Top Bottom