Gator shallow case-- deep enough?

eda123

Inspired
I see this case:

http://www.gatorcases.com/Default.aspx? ... ogID=10017

The depth is listed at 12.5". The Axe itself has dimensions listed at 12", but this is all the way to the front of the handles.

I want to have my AxeFX and Furman, with enough room in back for cables, and for plugging in the MFC101 wall wart to the Furman as well. Can anyone comment on whether there is enough room with this case?

Thanks!

eda123 said:
I want to have my AxeFX and Furman, with enough room in back for cables, and for plugging in the MFC101 wall wart to the Furman as well. Can anyone comment on whether there is enough room with this case?
That's the case I use, and it's deep enough that I can leave the cables connected at the rear of the Axe with the rear cover on.

That's the case I use too.
The depth is fine.
I've got an Ultra a Bryston 2B-LP-Pro and a Furman power conditioner in ther.

The problem is the latches.
My rack is only a few months old and I've got to return it now so that they will fix the latch on the front that won't latch and comes loose all the time.
Sheesh.
SKB's are built *way* better.

joegold said:

I agree. But SKB doesn't seem to make a case with 12.5" depth. It's either 10.5" (too shallow), or 19". The 12.5" depth seems perfect to me!

I grudgingly use the Gator case, too.

joegold said:

Agreed...but the Axe won't fit in the shallow SKB...I've got one and a standard depth....wish I could use the shallow though

No doubt SKBs are much better cases than Gator. As has been pointed out, the shallow Gator is the only game in town at this depth. If I were going on the road with my Axe-Fx and it had to be handled by others, I would definitely get something tougher than the Gator. With me handling and transporting my gear myself, my Gator has been fine. I've had mine for 3+ years, and it's still going strong.

Jay Mitchell said:
No doubt SKBs are much better cases than Gator. As has been pointed out, the shallow Gator is the only game in town at this depth. If I were going on the road with my Axe-Fx and it had to be handled by others, I would definitely get something tougher than the Gator. With me handling and transporting my gear myself, my Gator has been fine. I've had mine for 3+ years, and it's still going strong.

Ditto.

I use the Gator GR-4S "short" 4-space rack. It fits the Axe-Fx perfectly. I don't have any problems with the latches or other hardware. Works great for me.

Ive had my Gator 4 space shallow since I got my Ultra quite some time ago. I can leave all my cables hooked up & stow my Vp-jr pedal in the back & latch it up & go. No problem. Ive not had any problems with latches, but I treat my stuff pretty well.

I have all my stuff in a 12" deep ratfur special that fits into a nylon carry bag (Odyssey BR512 ).

axe-rack01.jpg

The handles stick out a bit in front, and I had to use right angle plugs on the Axe end of the cables but it all fits.

If I was road dogging, I'd probably drop the whole thing ( and the extra goodies ) into a bigger ATA case for transport and use the case for a stage stand...

Back
Top Bottom