Gary Moore - Over The Hills And Far Away

rioda76

Arrangement for live performance of this beautiful song by Gary Moore, useful for sharing with my band. All guitars and solo-synth are made with AxeFxII, the backing track is a midi track with Ez-drummer, Trilogy bass and cheap voice synths...

Rhythm guitars: mesa IIC+ Brt/Dp
Solo guitars: JCM 800 ...some solo guitars (for irish-sounding parts) also have a synth block
Bagpipe: Fremen's patch v19

i just changed the pitch to E to fit song's pitch (original patch was A) and made some little changes, this is my bagpipe patch

Attachments

• Bag Pipes E drone.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 19

You're playing it too slow.

Just kidding. Our percussionist did a jackrabbit start and went into some kind of autopilot trance. The tempo was so out of control that Margie couldn't spit out the right words. I'm still not quite sure what she sang. LOL

Nice job! I like the guitar layering quite a bit on your version.

Last edited:

You're playing it too slow.

Just kidding. Our percussionist did a jackrabbit start and went into some kind of autopilot trance. The tempo was so out of control that Margie couldn't spit out the right words. I'm still not quite sure what she sang. LOL

Nice job! I like the guitar layering quite a bit on your version.

Really nice acoustic version, it fits with the spirit of the song! even the tempo doesn't seem out of place ;)

Back
Top Bottom