Gapless switching?

If it's possible, it'll likely be in a forth coming firmware update. Cliff didn't want to make any promises but it seemed likely based on his initial response.

I hope so. This is the main reason why I am not using it with the band
Man, that's some really picky reasoning. I used an AX8 for years with that unit's audio gap switching between amp settings and A) I've never noticed it in the context of the band and 3) I've never had anyone complain about the audio gap. I can't imagine the FM9 is any worse than the AX8 in terms of audio gap, and there's even a workaround to help reduce the gap even further by using 2 amp blocks.

Man, that's some really picky reasoning. I used an AX8 for years with that unit's audio gap switching between amp settings and A) I've never noticed it in the context of the band and 3) I've never had anyone complain about the audio gap. I can't imagine the FM9 is any worse than the AX8 in terms of audio gap, and there's even a workaround to help reduce the gap even further by using 2 amp blocks.
I feel like the x/y gap on the Gen II units were smaller and less noticeable than the current audio gap in the channels of the amp block. I hardly heard a gap on my Axe 2 XL+, which I just recently sold.

I feel like the x/y gap on the Gen II units were smaller and less noticeable than the current audio gap in the channels of the amp block. I hardly heard a gap on my Axe 2 XL+, which I just recently sold.
That could potentially be true, but either way the gap isn't noticeable enough for me to not use it for gigging.

There's a ton of people that gig with the FM9 so when someone says they don't use it because of the audio gap that reasoning doesn't really hold water for me.

That could potentially be true, but either way the gap isn't noticeable enough for me to not use it for gigging.

There's a ton of people that gig with the FM9 so when someone says they don't use it because of the audio gap that reasoning doesn't really hold water for me.
I 100% agree. I use my FM9's for everything. That gap doesn't stop me at all. See my post here here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-5-01.198923/post-2498790

I 100% agree. I use my FM9's for everything. That gap doesn't stop me at all. See my post here here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm9-firmware-version-5-01.198923/post-2498790
Not everyone is the same or has the same use cases.

It's ok for me as is but I'd prefer without the gaps.

If it's just for the Amp block you can use 2 Amp blocks...

I am excited for the potential of gaplessness on the FM9. I don't like the gap, but I have an easy time just using two amp blocks and drive blocks to cover a LOT of ground within one preset. I prefer not having any gaps so each amp blocks only lives on 1 channel. The possibility of changing PRESETs without a gap blows my mind with the possibilities.

I am excited for the potential of gaplessness on the FM9. I don't like the gap, but I have an easy time just using two amp blocks and drive blocks to cover a LOT of ground within one preset. I prefer not having any gaps so each amp blocks only lives on 1 channel. The possibility of changing PRESETs without a gap blows my mind with the possibilities.
Gapless preset switching is the true gamechanger I agree.

Makes setlist mode extremely appealing!

Grand scheme of things, the cost of an FM9 and everything it can do is pretty reasonable. And there's a built in way to address the audio gap, which is itself a fix. It's not like you're putting duct tape on a drywall hole.

Although, since gapless switching just came to the AFIII (and audio gaps being a pretty well-discussed topic amongst fractal users), I'm not sure why you bought an fm9 instead of buying the multiple other options that are out there?

Back
Top Bottom