Gapless Switching win for FM3

Apparently, engineers are working on it, but they've had one of their guys off sick. Cliff himself said he wasn't making any promises, but he was hopeful they would be able to make gapless switching available throughout the line. again he didn't make any promises in case of "unforseen circumstances"

Either way, I'm in complete agreement, that for the FM3 it would be a huge coup.

Apparently, engineers are working on it, but they've had one of their guys off sick. Cliff himself said he wasn't making any promises, but he was hopeful they would be able to make gapless switching available throughout the line. again he didn't make any promises in case of "unforseen circumstances"

Either way, I'm in complete agreement, that for the FM3 it would be a huge coup.
This is my understanding!

For sure it's gonna be massive for FM3 (especially FM3) if it gets gapless... And just to think how far things have come compared to the first firmware of the unit. I remember when the drives were updated and I lost myself playing some down tuned, metal version of "Layla".

Some times people are after updates for "the new high" (which I've had too). But updates can also be quite inspiring to me as a player, just due to the nature of the electric guitar and its interactions with the signal chain. The new JCM for example (not yet released for fm3) may sound nearly the same to the old one, even... but there be a level of nuanced difference that changes how I play, and encourages me to try something new, play wise.

I don't think I'll be playing live too soon, but gapless would also get some very good use eventually. For my own presets perceived gap is often small enough, but gapless would add an extra layer of confidence.

Back
Top Bottom