Gapless switching MAY be coming to FM9

I would love to see this on the FM9.

Although I’m comfortable in using controllers and 2 Amp blocks with Multiplexer to create gapless presets, it’ll just simplify the workflow for me. It’s also been a barrier for me trying the Songs / Setlist mode.

Would be an absolutely astounding, significant, and incredibly welcome upgrade to the FM9, providing they don't run into any insurmountable technical hurdles. Tempering my enthusiasm regarding this coming to the FM9, per Cliff's post. Couldn't help but be mega-psyched to read about this though. I remain cautiously optimistic as instructed. Wow!

They way I'm making presets lately is all about having gapless switching between any 2 amps of my choosing. It works, and I'm very pleased with that. If team Fractal can bring next level gapless switching between presets (which is huge), AND scenes (be still my heart), AND channels (shut up!), I'm going to need to take a moment and gather myself. Please captain, make it so!

Not saying this needs to happen, but:

Must Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Just wondering… I get a weird artifact switching scenes. I’m pretty certain this is because I’m changing reverb channels where it goes from London reverb to spring. Would gapless switching fix that or is this another problem?

Just wondering… I get a weird artifact switching scenes. I’m pretty certain this is because I’m changing reverb channels where it goes from London reverb to spring. Would gapless switching fix that or is this another problem?

Not sure if the artifacts you are hearing are due to gaps. But if they are, here is a post from Cliff regarding which blocks in channel switches, at least currently, can cause gaps.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-23-00-public-beta-1.198479/post-2467575

Last edited:
No, it's from making a major change to the active Reverb.

you could probably automate the mix level to fade in/out over a set amount of time so that it's not so abrupt. Or, go into edit modifier and increase you attack & release times to taste... no more thunk.

Need this, I have some fairly hefty scenes and definitely have some I need to be careful with. Also, I really like the idea of the reverb adjustment. This can have a huge impact on some of the ambient stuff.

Back
Top Bottom