Galo's Dumble tone

Thanks again guys, I did the video playing very slow and with a lot of spaces that way we can hear all the nuances of the notes and patch. Man if that doesn't sound real I don't know what will. By the way thanks to Cliff I just saved $50K.:mrgreen
I guess I might have to take Cliff and Matt to dinner soon.

Galo,

Any tips for the neophyte Dumble people (like me) to get that sort of tone dialed up? What IR's? What did you do in the amp block?

Scott and Woland, All I did was just a couple of moves, not much just using my ears. The cab is the old EV cab...I tried uploading the patch in Axe Change and it encountered an internal error or misconfiguration, tried from 2 computers and nothing... PM me a email address and Ill be glad to send an attachment.

One more thing Dumbles they just react real well with dynamics, so the same amp will sound compleatly diferent to diferent players.
The key for me is not to sound like someone else but look for yourself in the amp...chao

Galo,

Any tips for the neophyte Dumble people (like me) to get that sort of tone dialed up? What IR's? What did you do in the amp block?

Last edited:
Very other-worldly! A sweet testament to understated playing (as I hear it - Robben Ford).

One question - I never did really hear it break through into holy-mother-of-god-sustain mode, as I would have hoped to hear induced with extreme pick dynamics. Is that patch 'wired' to break-on-through like that?

All you do is tweek and add work the gain to the patch, I added enough for my hard finger attack to brake up. Again I was setting this up for my playing not to imitate others people tones. You can get closer to the Robben sound with the OJAI patch...different amps. Thanks for listening.

Very other-worldly! A sweet testament to understated playing (as I hear it - Robben Ford).

One question - I never did really hear it break through into holy-mother-of-god-sustain mode, as I would have hoped to hear induced with extreme pick dynamics. Is that patch 'wired' to break-on-through like that?

Ya know, I digged your band recording a lot, but I'd love to see a solo album of this kind of open, meditative playing. I also went back to the Ohai vid and changed my mind: they both kill, and this one is perfect for what you're playing here.

I hope you gift us with more of this simple, from-the-heart, gorgeous playing.

Thank you. Although what I pay is worlds apart, you are an inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom