Gain staging AX8 -> Rolls MX54s -> Mixer

alxndr

Hey guys, I just got a Rolls MX54s Promix Plus (can't link but you can google it) to act as a mini mixer + headphone amp on my pedalboard.

I'm inputting my AX8, vocals (through TC Helicon Perform V) and iPad to each input and then mixing them to either 2 channels (if going to mixer) or 1 channel (if going to my CLR).

Anyways, I'm wondering specifically about gain staging the AX8 with the Rolls and the mixer. I haven't tried it out too much but a stock preset like Elegant Gypsy seems to be causing the Rolls to clip pretty easily (AX8 output 1 at ~50% and Rolls input level at ~40%). My main presets (Fremen) are a little quieter. So my question is:

How should I think about staging the levels from AX8 to Rolls to a Mixer or CLR?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I just got a Rolls MX54s Promix Plus (can't link but you can google it) to act as a mini mixer + headphone amp on my pedalboard.

I'm inputting my AX8, vocals (through TC Helicon Perform V) and iPad to each input and then mixing them to either 2 channels (if going to mixer) or 1 channel (if going to my CLR).

Anyways, I'm wondering specifically about gain staging the AX8 with the Rolls and the mixer. I haven't tried it out too much but a stock preset like Elegant Gypsy seems to be causing the Rolls to clip pretty easily (AX8 output 1 at ~50% and Rolls input level at ~40%). My main presets (Fremen) are a little quieter. So my question is:

How should I think about staging the levels from AX8 to Rolls to a Mixer or CLR?

Thanks!
Pretty sure the Rolls is looking for Mic level signal and AX is sending line level. Switch out put on axe to -10 that might be enough to get the level where it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom