• April 2011

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • May 2011

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • June 2011

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
Hi,

I'm also from Wales and ordered my FX II from g66 early June, got a P/O number 4886, not sure where that puts me in the waiting list :)
Very far from the top of the list ;)

What surprises me is that g66 says the orders before 1st May should be delivered in July/August.
I thought the waiting list of the Ultra and Standard guys was pretty big (several hundreds, may be a thousand).
Shipping in July/August would be quick indeed.
So may be Fractal Audio is doing its best to send "in priority" a lot of units to g66 for the guys who've been waiting for months. I hope so!

It would be cool to know the number of folks on the waiting list and the number of units produced. i like the mails g66 has sent; they seem to make an effort to inform people without committing to any hard dates, 'cos they probably don't know either. i've been on the waiting list since late january. not too worried about when it gets here, all this talk about guitar amplification has me playing guitar an hour or two every day:)

December 6th here. Was told 4-6 weeks at the time for an ultra :p

Glad the delay bumped me to the II. Just hope it's not another 7 months wait.

Well guys I'm out.

Been doing a lot of thinking and I just can't spend this amount of coin on a black box. So I've bought a new Eleven rack and got a Suhr Modern on order :) I don't mind waiting for a guitar to be built.

Just can't be arsed waiting another 4 months for this thing. I'm sure all you Euro guys will get one soon and it will be amazing but I'm out.

I should also be getting an Eventide Eclipse to run in the loop of the 11R so I should be ok for a while ;)

Thanks to everone at Fractal for enabling me to save more money while I've been on the list.

LateOZ

Having owned the Standard and knowing what it could do, I couldn't possibly go for something else at this point, because quite frankly, there is nothing better or at least in the same league as the axe.
Good luck with 11R though.

Well guys I'm out.

Been doing a lot of thinking and I just can't spend this amount of coin on a black box. So I've bought a new Eleven rack and got a Suhr Modern on order :) I don't mind waiting for a guitar to be built.

Just can't be arsed waiting another 4 months for this thing. I'm sure all you Euro guys will get one soon and it will be amazing but I'm out.

I should also be getting an Eventide Eclipse to run in the loop of the 11R so I should be ok for a while ;)

Thanks to everone at Fractal for enabling me to save more money while I've been on the list.

LateOZ

Mork - you say that like it's a bad thing ;) Eleven racks are amazing. Looking forward to hearing + seeing what you get up to with it !
And as for a Suhr, grrrrrrrrrrr - they are amazing too. It's been hard sitting on this much cash for 8 months too. Especially since there's a mint condition Tom Anderson online for £1500 !!! I dont think my fingernails will ever grow back

Drama : Couldnt agree more. I cant understand why their estimates are so horribly off. 4-6 weeks is not 8 months. And the thing that baffles me even more is they pulled out all the stops for the countdown and to my knowledge apart from the 1 unit Jochen got to demo, none have made it to them. They told me mine should be available by " mid July " which is 5 days time but I havent heard a thing. And given I had the exact same message regarding my order for the ultra in March ( 4 months ago now !! ) combined with being " Top of the list " yet missing the first smaller shipment it's hard to remain optimistic or take any of their quotes seriously. Tone Merchants said G66.EU had a 25 unit allocation which according to this chart would have wiped out the waiting list people all the way up to April. I'm a little tired of waiting too and cant help but chuckle at the people who sold their ultras and are fed up of waiting a couple of weeks ! It's not the waiting that bothers me - it's the inaccuracy of their estimates. If they'd have said back in December 2010 " We wont be able to supply you a unit for at least another 8 months " I wouldnt have sold my existing setup at a huge loss to wait the 4-6 weeks ( yes... ) they quoted *mumbles*

Yeah Dave I think I was watching the same Tom Anderson on Ebay last week (if that's the one you're talking about). It looked mint and I was very tempted but decided to go with the Suhr and the 11R.

I mailed Sussie over at G66 so that she could take me of the list, she got back to me really quick saying that she was sorry that they could not get me a unit in time. I'm probably not the only one who's backed out over in Europe as 2200 notes + the Midi101 is just way to much to spend and be on a list.
What's funny is that I'm leaving one waiting list to join another over at Suhr lol But I'm cool with that as I've heard that they don't mess there customer around regarding time frames.
I'll send you some links to any tunes I write with the new gear. I won't post them here as they might upset the natives. You hang in there Dave as I type there is probably 1000 AXE II's sailing across the pond to Germany ;)

Last edited:
Yeah Dave I think I was watching the same Tom Anderson on Ebay last week (if that's the one you're talking about). It looked mint and I was very tempted but decided to go with the Suhr and the 11R.

I mailed Sussie over at G66 so that she could take me of the list, she got back to me really quick saying that she was sorry that they could not get me a unit in time. I'm probably not the only one who's backed out over in Europe as 2200 notes + the Midi101 is just way to much to spend and be on a list.
What's funny is that I'm leaving one waiting list to join another over at Suhr lol But I'm cool with that as I've heard that they don't mess there customer around regarding time frames.
I'll send you some links to any tunes I write with the new gear. I won't post them here as they might upset the natives. You hang in there Dave as I type there is probably 1000 AXE II's sailing across the pond to Germany ;)

Hey Mork,
The Tom Anderson I saw was on gumtree, but that's not to say it's not on ebay too. If I could get an accurate date I'd buy it today. But IF their mid July quote was accurate I cant be caught short after waiting 8 months *lol* Now that WOULD suck ! Ah phooey. In a perfect world you'd hope those who waited the longest got served first. It's a nice dream ;) Good luck and all the best with your new gadgets ! If mid July goes t*ts up and it's still up for grabs I'll grab that guitar...just a shame I dont have an fx unit to use it with !

Hey Mork,
The Tom Anderson I saw was on gumtree, but that's not to say it's not on ebay too. If I could get an accurate date I'd buy it today. But IF their mid July quote was accurate I cant be caught short after waiting 8 months *lol* Now that WOULD suck ! Ah phooey. In a perfect world you'd hope those who waited the longest got served first. It's a nice dream ;)

Has anyone on the list got one yet lol

They can put a man on the moon ...... Fractal was built for speed lol

Hey Mork !
How's the 11R ?
Latest news for the EU carrot chasers is ( according to twitter ) Twitter those in the 2010 time bubble will hopefully get their units next week. Will keep you posted !

I joined the list late ... but had only got a second hand Ultra a short while before as a toe in the water exercise. I'll decide on whether to take up with the AF2 when my name comes up ... if it's going to be a crazy 7 - 10 months wait, like early orderers of Standards and Ultras had, then there might be other options on the market (including sensibly priced s/h AF2s) that become available in the meantime.

I'd normally consider a 8 to 12 week wait acceptable for any 'boutique' product - especially a product that is advertised in double page spreads in all the guitar mags over here every month since December 2010 - don't see any message on the ads saying 'Supply might take 10 months to reach you' on those ads funnily enough :)

Maxdown - I understand 100% where you're coming from. I dont like taking sides - I just like to see customers being treated fairly and with respect. The amount of silence and misinformation has been staggering. The reality is in EU these units are very hard to acquire and it'd be nice if this information was public knowledge so that you can wait in line knowing it's going to be a long wait instead of being told it'll be a short wait and then having no choice but to wait significantly longer with no realistic timeframe. I was told 4-6 weeks for an Ultra. The reality is hopefully I'll be getting a unit in less than 2 weeks, some 10+ months after my initial order. Due to their previous experience and knowledge of supply I dont see why telling the truth would be such a horrible idea ? If it said " Due to the popular nature and rarity of this unit, orders can take up to 10 months ". That's all they need to do. If it takes less time, fantastic but for those who genuinely need new equipment, surely it's better to let them know the truth ?
The latest information since the Axe II release has been " June, July, August " and now " September " and that was quoted as a " large shipment ".
If you've looked at the poll from November to December there are 10 customers waiting and the next shipment covers them only. So assuming that 10 units is classed as a large shipment combined with a backlog to November 2010 once again it would be fairer to those looking to acquire any FAS product of the realistic waiting times they should be expected to wait.
If people are set on getting the unit ( like myself, and many others out there ) we will save up, we will wait, and we will buy one. Just in the future for the other 70+ people on the poll waiting please give them the respect they deserve and supply them with realistic release dates ?

Just received an email from Sussi.The august shipment will ship from g66 to some lucky owners in about 2 weeks time.The batch is not as big as initially was planted.I don't know how many units are there but I know for sure that my unit isn't in this batch (February 2011)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom