G66 has opened its waiting list

Gearhead

Inspired
Don't know whether this was already posted but under "products" you'll find the Axe-Fx II description and on the bottom of the page price (2.299,- €) and the e-mail to get on the waiting list.

Nothing to availability though

Thanks.

"everybody who was already on the Axe-Fx or Ultra waiting list will automatically be moved to the Axe-Fx II waiting list."

That, coupled with the fact that g66's product listing no longer includes standards or Ultra's, pretty much means to me that the vintage Axe-Fx's are no longer being produced.

Europe vs. US pricing

Why is the Axe-fxII
In Europe:
1. 2299 euro's= 3.285,844 US dollars?
or
In the US:
2. 2199 US dollars= 1.538,57 euro's?

2299-1538,57 = 760,43 euro's = 1.086,844 dollars
Quite a difference!!

"Thank you for your email. We may not be able to reply right away because of the huge demand at the moment - we will get back to you as soon as possible. Kind RegardsG66"

G66 have such a huge mark up on prices.

I'm very tempted to sign up to the waiting list but want to hear some sound samples/reviews first, no doubt its amazing.

This is the same identical thread we have had when AXE came the first time from USA to G66.
Boring!! There are Import fees, transport, AND margin.
If I try to import from US I will find: € 1538,57 +20% IVA + about € 50 customs and duties +€ 100 transport= €2000 so......
You have to understand that they must guarantee stock and services and you know, Sussi and Jacques are very kind people.
So no news here.

Angelo

This is the same identical thread we have had when AXE came the first time from USA to G66.
Boring!! There are Import fees, transport, AND margin.
If I try to import from US I will find: € 1538,57 +20% IVA + about € 50 customs and duties +€ 100 transport= €2000 so......
You have to understand that they must guarantee stock and services and you know, Sussi and Jacques are very kind people.
So no news here.

Angelo

But 30%!!

No, no...the examples above quote the US pricing, the RRP then the EU pricing. I am just saying that I doubt G66 pay the same as you and I would if we bought direct.

The whole waiting list, high eu price thing is just a real put off.

Fractal need to make this product more easily available to people outside of the US. Using a distributor with a very high markup who operates a long "waiting list" that meant getting hold of one of the OLD units took best part of a year.... does not seem like a great way to have your product represented.

Last edited:
Nah, it is not as you believe, 2300 vs 2000 is 15%, then they will not pay the std price, but a "stock" that could be 300 or 400 less so the margin is about 30-35%
I'm a salesman since 35 years and I dare you to run an activities like G66 with less than 35% of margin: it's a CRAZY idea, trust me.
More, the choice to have a representative in EU is not up to G66 but is a Cliff's choice and there is no possibilities to run this job in another way, what's about guarantee, and service?
Are you willing to send your AXE to US for servicing?

Angelo

The US price is tax ex, the EU price is tax inc.
Tax is 367 euro alone.
Shipping isn't free.
G66 have bills to pay and need to turn a profit.

Last edited:
Well, you can put your name on the wait list, and you will be after all the others who have been on the list for a Standard or Ultra for months.

Well, you can put your name on the wait list, and you will be after all the others who have been on the list for a Standard or Ultra for months.

I've been on the list for an Ultra since Feb 2011.
Apparently they will charge the Axe-Fx II for 100 euros more than the ultra. I think it's a fair price compared to the Ultra. I mean the hardware is quite impressive in the II.

What I meant is: No name on a waiting list! You can now definitely ORDER the unearthly "II"!
Of course that doesn't change anything, but it just feels pretty good to look at the confirmation email in my outlook ;)

What I meant is: No name on a waiting list! You can now definitely ORDER the unearthly "II"!
Of course that doesn't change anything, but it just feels pretty good to look at the confirmation email in my outlook ;)

Did you actually pay for it?

Back
Top Bottom