g66 and Axe-Fx Ultra waiting list

spismund

Hi there

I'll be hitting the studio in July this year (2011) and I am therefore looking for some new gear to replace my old Pod XT Pro - and the Axe-Fx Ultra seems to be what I am looking for.

The thing is, that they are sold out here in Europe. The reply from Sussi (g66.eu) is that the waiting time is currently 3-5 weeks.

Though, by searching the internet I have come across people who say they have waited + 9 months...This makes it very attractive to buy from some US seller on eBay - I'll even save a third of the cost ($1000) by doing that.

I guess my question is (To all you people who have bought the Axe-Fx from g66.eu):

1. How long did really have to wait?
  2. Have you ever made use of their support (I guess the opportunity to use their support is why you pay the additional $1000?)

Thank you in advance

I bought my Ultra at G66.

In the first year the shipments came very seldom. I waited 8 month and my order was covered with the second bulk to G66. However you can trust G66. If they couldn't name the next bulk delivery, they would tell you so.

Costs:
There are costs for transport, customs fee and VAT. For sure G66 wants to earn something as well. You have 14 days to test your Axe-FX. If you don't like it, just send it back and you will get your money back. One more thing G66 replaced the cheap out of the box ventilator against a silent better one.

So assumed you came from Euroland:
$ 1000,- = € 770,-
I guess transport will be around € 30,-
custom fees I guess are around € 150,-
VAT is here in Germany 19% = € 146,30

In total it will be around € 1100,-. Ask your local customs office about custom fees.

If the price is the main reason, buy the US Axe-FX.

I bought my Ultra at G66.

In the first year the shipments came very seldom. I waited 8 month and my order was covered with the second bulk to G66. However you can trust G66. If they couldn't name the next bulk delivery, they would tell you so.

Costs:
There are costs for transport, customs fee and VAT. For sure G66 wants to earn something as well. You have 14 days to test your Axe-FX. If you don't like it, just send it back and you will get your money back. One more thing G66 replaced the cheap out of the box ventilator against a silent better one.

So assumed you came from Euroland:
$ 1000,- = € 770,-
I guess transport will be around € 30,-
custom fees I guess are around € 150,-
VAT is here in Germany 19% = € 146,30

In total it will be around € 1100,-. Ask your local customs office about custom fees.

If the price is the main reason, buy the US Axe-FX.

Thank you for the answer

You are right about the fact, that I am probably not savning that much as opposed to buying it from g66. The sellers on ebay all have some interest in earning some money for the hazzle, and they pass on the ebay and paypal fees to the buyer. This means that I'll have to throw $2400 to get an Axe-Fx Ultra shipped to Denmark. Regarding the custom fees and VAT - there are some risky trix that you might know about ;). All in all it means that I'll only save about $460 - and get no support/service?

I did get an email from g66 today where I was told that Fractal is pending some microchip and that there will be no delivery before the end of february. This confirms my concern about g66 - that they don't know about future deliveries and that they could keep on postponing the date.

I guess that if I'm lucky to find a used unit form the US for something like $1800 I really should pick up on that then.

About the ventilator. Do you know if this has been fixed on newer versions of the Axe-Fx (something I do not have do worry about if I am buying a rather new unit)?

Thank you

Sorry, no idea about the ventilator. But even if you get a unit with a cheaper, noisy one, it wouldn't be a big deal to change it yourself.

I don,t know about delivery times but i ordered my ultra and 4 fratomics with them and they always delivered
within the time promised.. They have a superb service....

I was very lucky when I ordered mine, they were in stock and arrived within a week.

I have used their tech support and they were very prompt with replies and made sure the problem was solved.

Hi, I would trust G66. I've always had very transparent relationship with them.
When my MFC-101 came it was slightly damaged by the courier (obviously it was not G66 fault).
They sent me another unit and only then I had to ship back (at their expenses).
This is what I call support.

Last edited:
Right now there seems to be a two month waiting list in Europe as the ULTRA is out of stock at G66.eu ... This definately takes the edge off of buying something when you have actually made up your mind. :(

A chip is not available until end of February ask sussi if your order will be included in the next shipment (compared to previous axe fx delivery’s)
Mine was ordered in 11th of November and I’m still waiting, i should get mine in the end of February shipment.

Good luck.

Hi there

I'll be hitting the studio in July this year (2011) and I am therefore looking for some new gear to replace my old Pod XT Pro - and the Axe-Fx Ultra seems to be what I am looking for.

The thing is, that they are sold out here in Europe. The reply from Sussi (g66.eu) is that the waiting time is currently 3-5 weeks.

Though, by searching the internet I have come across people who say they have waited + 9 months...This makes it very attractive to buy from some US seller on eBay - I'll even save a third of the cost ($1000) by doing that.

I guess my question is (To all you people who have bought the Axe-Fx from g66.eu):

1. How long did really have to wait?
  2. Have you ever made use of their support (I guess the opportunity to use their support is why you pay the additional $1000?)

Thank you in advance

Hi Spismund,
I ordered an Ultra at G66 on 05-12-2010 and got it on 17-01-2011 which is about 6 weeks.
Don't know about support yet, but they sure are very kind people.

Hi

I've ordered mine in Feb. 2009 and I waited 2-3 weeks.
I really have to praise the support of G66!
Once I had to ship my Ultra back to them because my S/PDIF-Out got messed up and everything went supersmooth, within less than 10 days!
You won't get that sort of thing from an eBay-Seller!

regards!

Hi Spismund,
I ordered an Ultra at G66 on 05-12-2010 and got it on 17-01-2011 which is about 6 weeks.
Don't know about support yet, but they sure are very kind people.

Ordered mine december 4th. Still have to wait for the next shipment. Weird.

G66 are fantastic, cant praise them enough. you really shouldnt buy from the US.

I have had mine 3 years now. I have iused their support.

I had an EProm failure and they just sent out a new one. If you get from the US you'd have to pay for that.

I had another issue - which turned outNOt to be the Axe, but they shipped my Standard back to them - tested, found no fault, but replaced it anyway just in case.

I recently had an encoder fault, and even though I was out of the 2 year warentee, they still covered shipping the unit back to them, replacing the encoder and shipping back to me with no cost.

IF you had the same issues with yours (hopefull not) and bought from the US, that would cost you around 250 to 300 Euro to sort out.

The customer service at G66 is reall great. I had problems with my S/PDIF. I had dropouts and noise when touching the cable, the cable not the plugs. I sent a email to Jaques with an audio file and a description. I got a quick reply that I have to sent the unit to them. The organised a pickup and I had it back repaired within a week. It didn't cost me a cent.

The only negative thing is that I've never got an answer on asking for a repair report. So I don't know what was changed or what they have done with my unit.

But on the other hand it works flawless since then. It returned very quickly and if you have questions about it you get a very quick response. So thumbs up for the customer service and I wouldn't buy it without just to save a few Euros.

I can't praise G66 enough. Their customer service is second to none, and I'll even say that their email response is nearly as good as Xavier at Gordius. I've always felt a personal touch from Sussi at G66, they even send you chocolates as a token of appreciation. Technical support from Jochen is just as quick and reliable. I ordered my Axe Ultra in June, it was with me in 6 weeks, due to a delay with Fractal USA. I'm waiting on my MFC 101 to arrive. I ordered it in October and it should be around mid Feb. Again, this is through no fault of G66

I've heard that they make hardware changes to the MFC 101 before shipping. Has anyone got any information on this?

There's à possibility to have the led's exchanged for red/blue ones.
They call it the colorblind option. Adds one or two weeks to delivery time supposedly.

Back
Top Bottom