G3 modded Splawn OD1

dupere11497

Experienced
I was experimenting with the new Splawn models, gear 1 OD1. I've never played a real Splawn but I'm a hot-rodded Marshall guy so I liked every clip I saw about it on YT. But it always seemed kind of stiff. It's not open like a Friedman if you will. So I compare both amps models and the big difference to me was the negative feedback value. On the Friedman BE, it's set around 6-7 while it's around 2 on the Splawn. So I adjust this parameter on the Splawn to match the BE and...POW!! The amp opens up like hell! It begins to breath!! I raise the depth parameter also. Everything else is around noon. Od1 has plenty of gain, I'm about at 6 on this clip. Great Super Plexi tone if you ask me. I still prefer the Friedman, but the Splawn is now a close second for that 80's hot-rodded tone. I use a Custom made Strat guitar here, with Dimarzio Cruisers and AT-1 in the bridge. I really love the dynamics of G3 modeling. The tone retains the bass even with the guitar volume knob all the way down, it's phenomenal!!
https://soundcloud.com/mdupere/g3-splawn-od1

There's too much low frequency in the clip, it would not fit in a mix, but I wanted the depth effect to be obvious. This way, you can almost feel the pump in the chest G3 delivers everytime you hit the strings hard. And it's the fun part isn'it? ;)

Back
Top Bottom