G3 FW18 Recto2 vs Roadster

Irotlas

Inspired
I finally got the Recto2 sound just like my old roadster! Clark posted similar clips before but here's another one...

first part is real Roadster and second Recto2 model.

To make it match in eQ and feel I had to tweak the speaker page a little and also turn up low cut freq ( <- huge different and it really makes to model feel just right!! )

FW18 totally killed my real amp gas :D

and now I get my smug and snob face on and with a very posh accent I say: The first clip to me sound slightly better, because it is the real deal and I can hear the difference. The axe is like 99,99999999999999% there, but it´s not quite it yet.

and yes I am kidding and no, please don´t take me seriously - if you hear the difference, you have incredible ears. I do not have such hearing and I am quite glad I don´t because otherwise I would drive myself nuts over these quite minor differences.

cheers and to a better music with our axes!!! :)

You guys are crazy. That sounds identical (obviously its not the same clip since the clips look different).

Patch/ What Cab IRs did you use? I want a Roadster haha.

You guys are crazy. That sounds identical (obviously its not the same clip since the clips look different).

Patch/ What Cab IRs did you use? I want a Roadster haha.

IRs are Cab Pack 7. Irotlas has his own favorite SM57-MD421 IR. Which number is it? :D

Hahahaha

Well you can't get it 100% identical, I can't even play the same way as I did in that roadster clip like over 2 years ago. I didn't want any guessing this time so I decided to tell right away wich one is wich :D

There is no tone matching in the actual tone, I did use ozone TM to show me how to tweak the model perfectly. The key is to match and find the proper values for speaker page and also MV and lowcut freq.

You have to find the correct (or as close as possible) low res freq and tweak the Q and low res amount until you get "flat" TM. I had to tweak also "XFRMR LF" to about 40hz, there's just too much bass in the model as default.

The cab is...hmmm...some sm57-md421. It's 57-421 "mix4" in my axe fx but I have no idea what that is in the actual cab pack 7 ( I don't have the official pack, I just have the raw IRs in random order :D I have many IRs that are not in the final pack and some are shot after the release but this one should be there)

Oh and I don't really care anymore if it's 99,9% close and not 100%. It's so close and FEELS awesome just like is should so I can settle down and just PLAY the instrument and make good music :)

...and I'm sure I you have two different Roadsters side by side there would be bigger difference between them than in that clip I posted.

The cab is...hmmm...some sm57-md421. It's 57-421 "mix4" in my axe fx but I have no idea what that is in the actual cab pack 7 ( I don't have the official pack, I just have the raw IRs in random order :D I have many IRs that are not in the final pack and some are shot after the release but this one should be there)

In case someone's wondering. Irotlas is the one who actually owns the cabinet that was used for Cab Pack 7. :) I guess I can track down which one it is. :lol Wait a sec... :D

Okay I tracked it down and it's CK USA Trad SM57-MD421 07. 7 from Cab Pack 7. Easy to remember. ;)

YEAH! :D awesome! so 7 it is!

For me it's THE IR, is kinda dark but it has great (best) sounding "phase" and works really well in recording and it's "ear friendly" when using IEM for monitoring like we do.

Although they were pretty close, I think with a little more work you may be able to get the Roadster to sound a bit more like the Axe-FX II.
Try swapping out for some NOS tubes or maybe a HV Transformer update. I wouldn't go as far as swapping cabs, but it may be worth a shot..

Don't give up!

Well, now you got that kantele sound like chainsaw. It's time to throw the Axe-fx away and give these guys Boss GT3 to play with. After some tweaking and new cab pack it will sound, well I guess 99,999% the same :)
And they do all this while fighting against ice bears and neighbor village vikings ;) Perkele!

the real one is significantly bassier and the top end on the axe has what seems to be a slight peak in the 1.5k area. The character is there tho.

Back
Top Bottom