G-system for simple control?

Hello

anyone using the G-system for simple controls? I have used it as a patch finder/ tap tempo, but I wonder if anyone has had success using the delay/mod/verb buttons to turn on and off within axe fx patches?

is this possible?

audioholic said:
Hello

anyone using the G-system for simple controls? I have used it as a patch finder/ tap tempo, but I wonder if anyone has had success using the delay/mod/verb buttons to turn on and off within axe fx patches?

is this possible?

I have a g-system that I use with my other rack (egnater/mesa), and i can say that the MIDI on the G-sys is pretty limited. If I remember right I don't think it can even send CCs with a pedal stomp, but I could be wrong.

I'm using the G-System with the Axe. I have it setup so I can toggle the effects off/on via midi cc and I also have presets along the bottom row. What specifically are you trying to do? It's pretty easy to have any of the buttons send a CC message. What isn't working?

i went through this. you can reassign the delay, filter, etc buttons to ONLY send a CC#... it will not send a CC number AND turn on the TC delay, etc... that's if you're trying to use both for some reason (i tried! i didn't know/trust the axefx yet).

the main thing i didn't like is that the volume pedal and expression pedals do not sent midi CC's to the axe... so if you need volume or exp pedals, it won't work through the TC.

what specifically are you trying to do? do you know how to change the "switches" on the g-system?

Chris Allen is correct. You can setup the buttons on the G to control the Axe but that button will not also turn on the G's effects. It's one or the other. Basically you go into the menu of the G and tell it which CC# to send when you press the button. I believe there is an option to choose momentary or latching and you need to choose latching (I think that's the right terminology, I can't remember).

Once you have the G set up just go into the Axe and tell that effect to toggle via the same CC# and that's it. One thing you need to remember is on the G, if you want that effect on when you change a preset, you need to save that button in the on state on the G. It doesn't matter whether or not you have that effect on or bypassed in the Axe's preset. The G will determine its state.

kewl

I am not trying to do anything yet, just thinking outloud really. May have to downsize some of my gear, and might sell off my analog pre's and keep the axe running into a poweramp for live use. If so, I was just determining if I could use my G-system to simply toggle on efx within the axe, and it appears I can. Right now, when I use the axe direct, I just bring my G-system to send tap tempo and patch changes, haven't tried anything more advanced.

I guess I stand corrected!

Bummer that it can't be used for both, though. It's be nice to have one pedalboard that I could use to control both racks.

You can turn fx on and off on both the Axe and G-System with just the G-system's footcontroller. You just can't control both with one button. You could assign assign a button for TC's chorus for example and another button for the Axe-FX Delay.

Back
Top Bottom