G-system as AXE's midi board?

edge07

Would any of you know if I could use the G-system as the midi board for the axe? Would be less trouble some than selling it and buying another higher end midi board as I already have a g-system. I'm curious if it is possible and if any other users have such a setup.

Thanks,
Matt

p.s. I know I already posted this on my last thread, but I figured it was such a different topic that it deserved a new title :)

I believe it should work, at least for basic preset switching,
it has midi out so all you have to do is to set same midi channel
on both AxeFx and G-System for preset change.
I'm sure someone else might give you more information
on possible use of IAs.

The G-System works well with the Axe FX, i used mine for about a year but it became too much to cart around for flights so i bought the Liquid Foot Junior.

Basically i set it up with 4 presets along the bottom and a tap tempo. The middle switches were all used as I/A as were a couple of the top switches. Had my Tuner set to the top far right switch. Bank up and Down were obviously used to switch to my next 4 presets.

I used the G also for a while ..with the same setup as Teejay .. now i use a LF pro which communicates both ways so i don,t have to make every preset twice...

The G worked fine btw and was a very sexy footcontroller :p

Thanks so much forthe answers!

Are there any functions that the liquid pro has that the g doesn't in regards to controlling the axe? Also, are the g effects still controllable as well as it's loops and amp channel switching?

I'm a little new to this - just stomp boxes untill the g. I've been reading like crazy, but there is a decent learning curve.

Matt

edge07 said:
Thanks so much forthe answers!

Are there any functions that the liquid pro has that the g doesn't in regards to controlling the axe? Also, are the g effects still controllable as well as it's loops and amp channel switching?

I'm a little new to this - just stomp boxes untill the g. I've been reading like crazy, but there is a decent learning curve.

Matt
Theoretically you could place the G-Sytem in the FX Loop of the G-System (or vice versa) and all fx and presets will change simultaneously, however i never saw the need to use both.

There are many things that the Liquid Foot with the Axe FX can do that the G-System can't such as step programming, use expression pedals, display Tuner, just to name a few...

edge07 said:
Would any of you know if I could use the G-system as the midi board for the axe? Would be less trouble some than selling it and buying another higher end midi board as I already have a g-system. I'm curious if it is possible and if any other users have such a setup.

Thanks,
Matt

p.s. I know I already posted this on my last thread, but I figured it was such a different topic that it deserved a new title :)

I was a G System/Marshall user before I went from Tube Snob to Tone Snob with the Ultra.

But...I'm thinkin that the G is a damned xpensive switching unit.
Sell the G and get a Roland FC300 or something similar.
I suspect you'll be happier.

The Berhinger FSB 1010 has 10 buttons at your feet plus two pedals and is under $200.
I use the Roland as a Controller (on/off for various functions and it's got two xpression pedals) and a Midi Buddy 10 button midi switcher to change patches.

Back
Top Bottom