FX8 with Vintage Fender Amps

Mine isn't a vintage amp, but the effect quality of the FX8 isn't really amp dependent.

I run a reissue '65 twin for my clean tone, and since I've dialled in my effects everything sounds as it should. I'm primarily a delay and reverb guy. No effects loop, no 4CM, just things dialled in for the music I play.

Mine isn't a vintage amp, but the effect quality of the FX8 isn't really amp dependent.

I run a reissue '65 twin for my clean tone, and since I've dialled in my effects everything sounds as it should. I'm primarily a delay and reverb guy. No effects loop, no 4CM, just things dialled in for the music I play.
Thanks for your opinion

I have two amps that while newer are essentially vintage Fender in style (see sig line). I just prefer newer boutique-level build quality over true vintage. The FX8 works fantastically well with both. In fact, I dislike channel switching. Just give me a clean amp with lots of character. The FX8 provides all the drive, comp, EQ and delay I'll ever need.

BTW, effects into a clean amp is essentially what David Gilmour does. Most folks feel that his tone is pretty good. Same for Eric Johnson, and many others.

I'm a bit of a delay freak. Especially analog BBD delays. The FX8 is the first modeler that I feel really gets those right. The latest L6 stuff is pretty good, but sounds a bit cartoonish to my ears. Just a tiny bit exaggerated. The FX8 just sounds more honest to my ears.

Also, if you use a volume pedal, there's no signal loss with the FX8. And everything just stacks better. No weird, "this effect sucks when it's placed behind (or in front of) that effect."

I have two amps that while newer are essentially vintage Fender in style (see sig line). I just prefer newer boutique-level build quality over true vintage. The FX8 works fantastically well with both. In fact, I dislike channel switching. Just give me a clean amp with lots of character. The FX8 provides all the drive, comp, EQ and delay I'll ever need.

BTW, effects into a clean amp is essentially what David Gilmour does. Most folks feel that his tone is pretty good. Same for Eric Johnson, and many others.

I'm a bit of a delay freak. Especially analog BBD delays. The FX8 is the first modeler that I feel really gets those right. The latest L6 stuff is pretty good, but sounds a bit cartoonish to my ears. Just a tiny bit exaggerated. The FX8 just sounds more honest to my ears.

Also, if you use a volume pedal, there's no signal loss with the FX8. And everything just stacks better. No weird, "this effect sucks when it's placed behind (or in front of) that effect."
I Love your Thoughts on this Thanks

Works great! Although I like some analog drive with mine. I play mostly clean though so my live sound is mostly the FX8. Reverbs and delays are awesome. Switching is great. Only thing I missed are my drives and I just made it so the FX8 switches them in and out of my chain with the relays.

Back
Top Bottom