FX8 with Marshall JVM410H JS

Sine

Inspired
Just received this amp. I know that there was some problem with midi connection between this units so before I start to explore for solution just want to know if problem is resolved? Thanks!

There is no problem, just remember to set the MIDI program change on each scene.
I got a Marshall JVM410C and the MIDI is seamless.
By default all the MIDI programs on the FX8 are in program 0

There is no problem,

Yes there is - the 410HJS and the regular 410 have different midi implementations and the HJS is problematic. I'm having to use a midi solutions box to filter out the SYSEX data that the FX8 sends as that confuses the HJS. Fractal support told me they are looking into a firmware fix.

Yes there is - the 410HJS and the regular 410 have different midi implementations and the HJS is problematic. I'm having to use a midi solutions box to filter out the SYSEX data that the FX8 sends as that confuses the HJS. Fractal support told me they are looking into a firmware fix.
So, still nothing. Can you tell me how this midi solutions box work. I am new to midi.

I am in the same position. I also have a JVM410HJS and I do not want to have to go out and look for alternative solutions. I love my amp and I am enjoying my FX8 I just hope I can run both together soon. There is no point in trying to put them together in my live rig until a permanent solution is found.......

Come on Fractal

I am in the same position. I also have a JVM410HJS and I do not want to have to go out and look for alternative solutions. I love my amp and I am enjoying my FX8 I just hope I can run both together soon. There is no point in trying to put them together in my live rig until a permanent solution is found.......

Come on Fractal
Have you raised a support ticket to ensure they are aware of the exact issue? If not, you haven't done your part. They don't have access to every amp in the world to test on.

Its off the main Fractal site. If you go through the support you can raise a ticket to tackle any issues that you any be experiencing with any Fractal product.

I received an update today from a guy called Joe (who I do not know being new to the forum) to say that the JVM410H JS issue will be addressed in the next update. No fixed date as yet but at least the issue has been acknowledged.

Its off the main Fractal site. If you go through the support you can raise a ticket to tackle any issues that you any be experiencing with any Fractal product.

I received an update today from a guy called Joe (who I do not know being new to the forum) to say that the JVM410H JS issue will be addressed in the next update. No fixed date as yet but at least the issue has been acknowledged.

Fractal support is one of their known best qualities. When all things are considered, their products are cheap considering build quality and support quality.

Done! Thanks!

Question for JVM JS owners: Do you use any of midi controllers that works fine with this amp? One that comes with amp work perfect, just I need more than 6 amp preset combination to satisfied all needs.

It works fine with a Rocktron All Access. I suspect most if not all midi controllers will work, it's just that the FX8 sends out some spurious SYSEX messages too that the amp doesn't seem to like.

O.k. here is what is in Marshall JVM 410H Satriani manual. Now, how to control this amp with FX8. Anybody?
midi_implement_jvmjs.JPG

Back
Top Bottom