FX8 relay channel switching the 5150 IIIs with the Bestronics cable

bitsandvolts

Hey folks,

My first post here. I recently bought an FX8 Mk II -- and it's very quickly becoming my favorite gear purchase in well over a decade. The learning curve is steep, but I'm slowly getting there.

That being said, I've run into a head scratcher that I fear I am going to cry uncle and ask for help on.

I bought a 5150 III switching cable from Bestronics -- with the hope that I can switch channels with the FX8 using footswitch states. Unfortunately, I feel I'm a bit over my head in how to program the FX8 to get the relays to control the amp. I've gotten close - where I will get the amp to switch from the green channel to the blue channel -- but not switch back.

If anyone out there has successfully made the Bestronics cable work with their 5150III -- please hook me up with some suggested settings.

Thanks in advance!

Frank

I don't have my EVH anymore but make sure you are using two relay blocks, I think I still have some presets on my fx8 I could email them to you. You just need to find the right combo of ring, tip sleeve between the relays

I just checked
Red channel
Relay 1 set to tip
R1 mode is lat
Relay 2 is off

Green channel
Relay 1 is tip
Relay 2 is both

Blue channel
I think its ring or sleave for relay 1

Thanks for the specs Reilly. I guess I'm not sure how I'm following you. It appears I can only assign one relay to a foot switch, so I'm not sure how you can use different relays to achieve one channel. Still confused! :(

Any chance you can email me the patch so I can see what you mean?

Back
Top Bottom