FX8 on the way to me!

moltisanti

Inspired
I contacted G66 and it turns out they had one FX8 available that had been used for some pictures so I grabbed it!

I'm looking forward to this unit a lot, from what i've seen and read it is the only system that will do exactly what I want.
The idea is that it will replace a medium sized pedal board with a switcher to be used in 4CM in one of my bands with a 77 JMP (with a metro loop) and in front of my JCM800 combo for my function band.

The scenes functionality looks like a great idea, looking forward to getting into it :)

Does anyone have any experience using ODs in the FX8 to boost a JCM800/JMP ?

Congrats!

The "T808 OD" Drive type is an excellent starting point. Set Drive at zero, Level at around 7, and Tone to your liking (I use 6.50).

Like a real Tubescreamer TS9, the T808 OD model cuts lows and highs agressively. If you need more bass, adjust its Low Freq Cutoff parameter.

Or switch to another Drive model, such as the T808 MOD (modified TS9), Full OD (very fat), ACB or BB PRE.

Info about the Drive types:
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Drive_effect

More FX8 info:
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II_Wiki_Home

LUCKY!!!!!!

I was on the wait list since April of last year.. I might just find a used one.. Tired of waiting for Fractal to get more in...

LUCKY!!!!!!

I was on the wait list since April of last year.. I might just find a used one.. Tired of waiting for Fractal to get more in...

That's weird, they were in stock in Nov - Dec on the Fractal site. I got mine right away, even got a replacement right away when I had to return mine because of a weird screen problem. Seems like you should have already got one.

I just checked my old Spam mail and of course you where right.. They did email me and I missed it...
UGH!!!!! Im on the mailing list agin... Not gonna miss it this time... Sold most of my pedals so I hope the wait isn't to long...lol

Wonder when Fractal will get these back in stock. I received a invite back in June but at that time money had gotten thin. Tried to use the invite in December since there was no time limit on it, but the page had been removed and redirected me to the FX 8 purchase page that said out of stock. Hope to see them back in stock while I have the funds.

Last edited:
Just got my FX8 yesterday... Only got to play with it for about 15 minutes.. Im in Love... The drive tones are way better than I expected..
Cant wait to get off work today.. The wife and kids aren't going to see me for a while...

I set mine up yesterday in 4CM for my Iron Maiden tribute and it sounds superb. Then I did a very quick set up straight into the amp for my function band and I have to say the drives are very impressive, very natural sounding.

The drive tones are a total surprise. It's one of those things where you kinda make peace with the fact that you will probably need to keep your dive pedals around... And then you try the drives and think.... WTF!?!

Ha.

At least that was my experience.

The drive tones are a total surprise. It's one of those things where you kinda make peace with the fact that you will probably need to keep your dive pedals around... And then you try the drives and think.... WTF!?!

Ha.

At least that was my experience.

That was my experience too. I even bought a Mini Effects Gizmo to switch them in and out. Waste of money that was - my favourite is the Love Exatcy on the FX8 at the moment and the TS ones.

That was my experience too. I even bought a Mini Effects Gizmo to switch them in and out. Waste of money that was - my favourite is the Love Exatcy on the FX8 at the moment and the TS ones.

I actually LOVE the pie fuzz, once you cut the bass a bit.

But I actually really Iike most of them.

There's still a few tones I'd like to have access to, but I kinda think if I tweaked it enough they're probably in there.

I actually sold all my pedals except for my drive pedals and my Carbon Copy..
Going up on The Gear Page today... Don't need them anymore...

I was watching a bunch of Youtube videos of the FX8 and the tone in person is insanely different and soon much better..
Fractal hit this one out of the park....

The only video I even watched to the end is the the guy with the Quilter amp. And I only watched it because I wanted to try one out..

I was very disappointed in the Pete Thorn video as well. Pete usually has some of the best reviews and self help tips on the web..
(Not knocking pete, he is one of the best guitar players out there.. I enjoy listening to him)

Back
Top Bottom