FX8 New User Thoughts and Question

Jerry K.

Experienced
I just picked up a FX8 this week on Reverb and I must say it really sounds great. So far, I have spent about 6 hours with it and definitely lives up to the hype. I have it set up for the 4 cable method. I tried it straight into the front of the amp but the 4CM sounds better IMO.

A few things I have noticed. It is possible to run out of CPU but this is easily overcome by just creating a separate preset. One of the contributing factors to this seems to be the high quality mode reverb. The reverb does sound better in high quality mode, it is actually quite stunning! I notice the difference enough to sacrifice having an additional pedal or two in the preset (others may not care). There are several drives that I think are fantastic, the Rat and Blues driver to name a few. I have also discovered that stacking 2 drives together can also yield some amazing results.

I do have a question, where is the metronome and can you make it active with the rec button for the looper?

I look forward to discussing the FX8 with the rest of you!

The metronome is under Tempo on the Misc page of the main menu. Not sure what the options are as far as assigning footswitches to activate it.

Back
Top Bottom