FX8 + MkV = Very Pleased

Eruerable

My newest Fractal toy arrived at the start of the week and I've had a great time getting to know it.

Really awesome to have the effects from my Axe coming through my 'real' rig, with much less hassle than before.

At some point I'm going to have to harden up, get some FRFR, and start using the Axe live; but for now I feel like I really have the best of both worlds.

Thanks Cliff and team, for capsizing my gear fund hahaha

I'm planning to 4cm markV25 with fx8, is there any problems with the hiss and relay switching of the amps?

I use an FX8 with a Mesa MK5/25 in 4CM mode with humbuster cables. I don't notice any hiss aver what the amp and guitar would do anyway, so the FX8 isn't adding any. Using a relay block, it switches channels without an issue. The only thing you can't do, well I haven't found a way, it to have 2 relay blocks on the same patch for channel switching and turning the EQ on and off. You can do this on separate patches though.

I have used the FX8 with the MKV25 with both hum buster and non cables and had no problems. I do use hum busters now as I have them.

I use an FX8 with a Mesa MK5/25 in 4CM mode with humbuster cables. I don't notice any hiss aver what the amp and guitar would do anyway, so the FX8 isn't adding any. Using a relay block, it switches channels without an issue. The only thing you can't do, well I haven't found a way, it to have 2 relay blocks on the same patch for channel switching and turning the EQ on and off. You can do this on separate patches though.
I thought there was a way if you use scenes that you could take out the relay blocks and have the scene send the correct signals to the amp foot switch input. My understanding in you would need a mono Y cable on the FX8 to TRS on the amp side. Plz correct me if I am wrong. I have the FX8 on wait list and I need this functionality.

I thought there was a way if you use scenes that you could take out the relay blocks and have the scene send the correct signals to the amp foot switch input. My understanding in you would need a mono Y cable on the FX8 to TRS on the amp side. Plz correct me if I am wrong. I have the FX8 on wait list and I need this functionality.

Yes! I use scenes entirely for amp channel switching, using a TRS Y insert cable. You have the direction wrong, the FX8 side takes the stereo, and can either control your amp with a stereo to stereo, or using a y split, that depends on your amp. So I get 4 independent relay controls. Handles my Mesa boogie Mark IV NO problem.

Back
Top Bottom