Fx8 midi switching Mesa boogie jp2c

Gearcrazy

I know there’s other posts but this is driving me insane, I have no problems switching the head with a boss es8, but trying too use a midi block I’m getting no where, go back n forth between 3 presets it will switch at times depending on if the midi block is on or off in one of the 3 presets, or if I toggle a midi block on and off of a preset it might toggle between 2 different channels of the head, I would assume the midi block of each preset should be on. Very frustrating, I haven’t tried switching via a scene yet, would prefer too use a block, other thing was when I’m on the config page, it doesn’t allow me too select a midi block for one of the slots, I can only do that on the stomp page, I’m sure it’s something stupid, or I’m just that stupid

Try the Relay block instead of a MIDI block, that's what it was designed for. I used the FX8 to switch channels on a Mesa Roadster without any problems.

The jp2c is a midi head, has midi in and out, I’m keeping the PC on setting and the PC off setting of each preset on the same number, I believe that’s what the manual said, have the right midi ch selected,

The jp2c is a midi head, has midi in and out, I’m keeping the PC on setting and the PC off setting of each preset on the same number, I believe that’s what the manual said, have the right midi ch selected,
The Roadster footswitch was MIDI as well but it looks like they did away with the 1/4" footswitch support that the Roadster had. My bad.

Thanks for the input, I can’t get anywhere with this, tried making the PC off a different umber than the PC on, but it’s still whacky, sometimes even the order that I change presets will effect how it switches

Back
Top Bottom