FX8 midi options

Justin

I want to use the FX8 with different midi controllable amps. Like a Suhr pt100 sometimes and then a Suhr Hedgehog other times. Can you have different presets with different midi commands for each amp? Or are they global so I'll have to reconfigure the midi commands each time I switch amps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a MIDI block, so it seems you can have different things per preset and possibly enable them per scene as well. Read the manual.

That would be cool. I read the manual but I'm a midi newb. I'll have to learn it I guess. That's what I like about the plug and play of the MFC with the Axe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say, just for example, you have a dozen favorite presets with the effects laid out just the way you like them for different songs. You copy them one for each amplifier. So now you have that same dozen presets for each amp you might use.
You add a couple letters or a number to the names to indicate it is for a certain amp.
Now within the presets for amp #1 (insert the name you chose) you edit the midi block and any Scene midi commands to suit that particular amp.

So you have the familiarity of the same effects layout but with specific midi settings to suit the particular amp you are using at the time...

Hey Justin, I have the SUHR PT-100 SE as well and Don from SUHR just told: a 5 pin MIDI cable will transmit data just fine. The extra two pins on the footswitch cable are to supply power. Please keep in mind the PT100 sends and receives MIDI data on channel 14 so please verify with the pedal manufacturer that their unit will communicate on channel 14.

The midi block also has x/y switching like every other block. You could easily use state x for commands to amp A and y state for commands to amp B.

Anyone setup the looper tempo via midi clock? The manual mentions midi clock for the delay tempo, but can it control the looper tempo?

Back
Top Bottom