FX8 In Post L/R connectors and Cables

For most uses an unbalanced TS cable is fine. The inputs are balanced so that you can get even more hum rejection by using a TS-to-TRS cable from the amp's send.

So which end gets the TRS? The FX-Send (amp) or the IN [POST] (fx8)? Assuming fx8?

So which end gets the TRS? The FX-Send (amp) or the IN [POST] (fx8)? Assuming fx8?
The TRS would be for FX 8 outputs not inputs. I use a 4 CM with 2 - FAS Humbuster cables (TRS x TS). The TRS ends are FX8 out- pre and FX8 out-post. Other 2 cables are standard TS.

The TRS would be for FX 8 outputs not inputs. I use a 4 CM with 2 - FAS Humbuster cables (TRS x TS). The TRS ends are FX8 out- pre and FX8 out-post. Other 2 cables are standard TS.

The manual say [POST IN] should be a balanced cable though.

The manual 4cm diagram is confusing. It reads like the TRS end connect to amp because it says Humbuster. I had it wrong at first until I read the attached This is also in the manual.

Attachments

• IMG_3860.png
    IMG_3860.png
    656.5 KB · Views: 5
The manual say [POST IN] should be a balanced cable though.
Balanced and Humbuster are two different types of cables. Both use TRS connectors, but on one end only on a humbuster cable. A balanced cable will not provide the noise reduction of a humbuster cable with Fractal devices specified Outputs.

Balanced and Humbuster are two different types of cables. Both use TRS connectors, but on one end only on a humbuster cable. A balanced cable will not provide the noise reduction of a humbuster cable with Fractal devices specified Outputs.

Gotcha. So what's the advantage of using a balanced cable over a regular guitar cable in the IN[POST] position?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-24 134705.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-24 134705.png
    431.1 KB · Views: 1
Some amps have balanced (TRS) effect loop plugs and some standard TS plugs. The FX 8 has this covered for either or. Balanced cables help with noise. You would have to research what your amp has.

Back
Top Bottom