Fx8 freeze

Ka2

Does anybody have a problem with their fx8? I haven't update the firmware though. Still using the beta 3.0. Will update it soon.

But before my fx8 never froze. It's like i can't do anything with it and have to switch it on and off after it froze. This happen just recently. After a few minutes of playing and then it got stuck.

Did you reset your global settings after the upgrade ?

If not write down your settings, do a reset and switch the unit off and then back on. After that put your settings back in and see if it cures the problem.

Did you reset your global settings after the upgrade ?

If not write down your settings, do a reset and switch the unit off and then back on. After that put your settings back in and see if it cures the problem.
Nope, i didn't reset it. Because when i updated it to the beta this never happen, just recently.

I will give it a try later. Will update it to the 3.0 firmware. Hopefully after the update it won't freeze again.

Does anybody have a problem with their fx8? I haven't update the firmware though. Still using the beta 3.0. Will update it soon.

But before my fx8 never froze. It's like i can't do anything with it and have to switch it on and off after it froze. This happen just recently. After a few minutes of playing and then it got stuck.

Update to official 3.0.
If it happens again, contact Support.

Start by following the directions in the update. Then contact support if fails. I don't know why people don't follow instructions.

Start by following the directions in the update. Then contact support if fails. I don't know why people don't follow instructions.
I did follow the instructions when i was updating to the beta and there was no problem at all until now.

Like i said this just happen recently.

Sorry for being vague, I meant if you get the problem when you try to switch or change a block from an external pedal.

But as I mentioned, Support are aware.

Sorry for being vague, I meant if you get the problem when you try to switch or change a block from an external pedal.

But as I mentioned, Support are aware.
Nope, im not using any external pedal. Just an expression pedals. It froze like after switch scenes and stucked just on that particular scene. I have to switch it on and off after.

I didn't get to update the firmware was to tired after work last night, so maybe later on.

Yep, I'm on FW3 and have had a few lock-ups too - which also happened on FW2.

Logged with support, told me to contact G66, haven't heard anything since.

Hi welshboyo,
I know that G66 are working with FAS on this issue because I'm dealing with them about it, no doubt they'll be updates in due time.

I had this too. Am using Mission SP2. At the time I'd just upgraded to FW3. Tried lots of things but ultimately wiped it clean and started over. I have not had another freeze since then HOWEVER I have a friend that is experiencing this. He recently wiped his and reinstalled everything, then reprogrammed everything and it happened again last night. Looking forward to hearing about a solution.

I had this too. Am using Mission SP2. At the time I'd just upgraded to FW3. Tried lots of things but ultimately wiped it clean and started over. I have not had another freeze since then HOWEVER I have a friend that is experiencing this. He recently wiped his and reinstalled everything, then reprogrammed everything and it happened again last night. Looking forward to hearing about a solution.

Contact support. I've put in about 20 hours or more in the last 3 days just hammering the cpu with crazy wild complex patches with controllers everywhere, without any freeze-ups, half on 3.0, half on 3.01. See what support says about your issue.

I contacted support and in the midst of our conversations, I decided to wipe it clean, reinstall and reprogram. (I did, however, use one patch from before). Mine has been freeze-free since then.

If it helps, it seemed that the toe switch was causing the problem for me--and that is also the problem for my friend. I'm not sure if the OP is having the exact same issue.

I contacted support and in the midst of our conversations, I decided to wipe it clean, reinstall and reprogram. (I did, however, use one patch from before). Mine has been freeze-free since then.

If it helps, it seemed that the toe switch was causing the problem for me--and that is also the problem for my friend. I'm not sure if the OP is having the exact same issue.
What do you mean by wipe it clean,reinstall and reprogram everything? Because im still having the problem. Even i updated to fw3.0. Haven't update it to fw3.01 though. It happens when im playing like 30mins or so and it starts to freeze.

Back
Top Bottom