FX8 Firmware V2.00 Release

Just for perspective: I'm a software engineer by profession, and I've worked on both long infrequent release cycles (14 years doing "waterfall" style development on 1-3 year cycles at Microsoft) and very short agile release cycles (scrum, release every 6 weeks, etc). From experience, I can say that frequent incremental releases are always better for both customers and the development team. Customers feel the development team is being more responsive, minor problems that cause major annoyances can be fixed more rapidly, and the development team gets more customer feedback earlier along the long term path. Plus, when developers force themselves to think at all times about the realities of frequently shipping usable releases, it forces them to break down dangerously-large (and risky) architectural changes into smaller more predictable (and less risky) incremental steps toward that goal. So, with all of that said, add my vote to the camp that would rather see 2.01, 2.02, 2.10, 2.50, etc sooner rather than wait for however much longer for one giant (and likely buggy) 3.00 release.

Back
Top Bottom