FX8 Firmware 3.0 coming soon!

someone mentioned that the x/y on footswitches wasn't working until they enabled it...where is that parameter? It used to work for me until the new FW

someone mentioned that the x/y on footswitches wasn't working until they enabled it...where is that parameter? It used to work for me until the new FW
1) Have you reset your system paramaters?
SETUP->UTILITY->RESET->RESET SYSTEM PARAMETERS

2) Insure that "PRESS AND HOLD FOR X/Y" is ENABLED
SETUP->GLOBAL->SETTINGS->PRESS AND HOLD FOR X/Y

3) If you have set any of the switches (function switches) to STICKY X/Y or SINGLE X/Y, then you will have to engage that footswitch before the effect block footswitch will change X/Y.

Prior to V3.00, high CPU utilization could induce a small amount of lag in scene changes at high CPU levels. A great deal of effort has been made to both lower the CPU requirements of certain high CPU effects, such as Reverb, and to optimize footswitch interaction. All I can say, is try it and see what you think.

Please read all the notes before installing, and I highly suggest you backup your system and presets before proceeding. That way, if you wish to go back to V2.00, you have not lost anything.

I think you will be as pleased as everyone else seems to be.

Yes. The only problem is that you have created so many new options for configuration, I now have to re-think everything. :p

This is a good problem to have.

So... when is 3.0 final coming?

I'm still on 2.0.. not much testing time avail this week and besides I'm pretty happy and used to how it works on 2.0. If 3.0 final is imminent I don't mind waiting.

So... when is 3.0 final coming?

I'm still on 2.0.. not much testing time avail this week and besides I'm pretty happy and used to how it works on 2.0. If 3.0 final is imminent I don't mind waiting.

It's a major change, I haven't heard much in terms of dealbreaker bugs. It's Public Beta 1 after 2 internal betas, i'd say jump on it, as anything you do on 2.0 will need a rethink.

It's a major change, I haven't heard much in terms of dealbreaker bugs. It's Public Beta 1 after 2 internal betas, i'd say jump on it, as anything you do on 2.0 will need a rethink.

Thanks. I know it will require a rethink, guess that's why I hesitate.. rather not have to do a 3.0 final rethink right after finishing my beta rethink. In case things change again that require more rethinking. :)

Effit... I'll go for it this weekend.

Thanks. I know it will require a rethink, guess that's why I hesitate.. rather not have to do a 3.0 final rethink right after finishing my beta rethink. In case things change again that require more rethinking. :)

you won't regret it

Yeah, I doubt they will make any significant changes at this point. I can't imagine any other improvements to the layout, it really works great now!

Yeah, I doubt they will make any significant changes at this point. I can't imagine any other improvements to the layout, it really works great now!
That's what I'm saying, unless something breaks spectacularly in beta (no sign it has), it should be the final.

I dig the footswitch assignment options, but am I missing something?

Is it not possible to setup one of the FX8 switches to activate the "freeze/hold" feature in the delays and reverb blocks? I use the DB Instruments 4E Dual Axis Expression pedal (which the FX8 sees as two separate expression pedals). I'd hate to give up that 2nd level of expression. I guess I need to dig around inside FX-EDIT.

Other comments, I love the synth block. I notice that the tracking seems much better when it is loaded into a preset with minimal additinoal effects. When I use it in a CPU intensive preset, the tracking suffers. This is based on just a quick run through, and I will need to play around a little more to see if this was a one-time issue or user error or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom