FX8 Firmware 3.0 coming soon!

was it different block edit screens? has it ever frozen anywhere other than edit screens? how long did it freeze and did it become responsive after that without a reboot? how often would you say it happens? did it happen shortly after power on, or at various times?

sorry, i couldn't think of 21 questions :) but if you can answer some or all of those, it can help us track the issue. thanks!

I can only remember it happening from within the block edit edit screens and whilst it's definitely happened with the Reverb block, I can't recall if it's occurred within others too. When it happened I could only reboot to get things working as expected. Since receiving my second unit it's probably happened around 5-6 times in total and seems to be at various times rather than immediately following power on etc.

Sorry I can't remember more! :)

I'm most curious about the synth block - if we even get it - although new boosts & delays would be nice, the FX8 is already pretty well stocked in that dept.

That's said, there's nothing like being spoilt for choice!

I'm most curious about the synth block - if we even get it - although new boosts & delays would be nice, the FX8 is already pretty well stocked in that dept.

That's said, there's nothing like being spoilt for choice!

We live in hope! My three biggest wishes are for the synth block, more flexible foot switches, and fixing the bug with the filter block.

I'd love the delay, but am already v happy in that respect, and a new drive pedal or 10 would never be unwelcome!

MLK's birthday is observed by many government agencies (fed, state, county, city) as well as private establishments these days.

I currently live on sticky scenes and I'd like to continue having the same capabilities. How are things going to change if I upgrade to 3.0?

I currently live on sticky scenes and I'd like to continue having the same capabilities. How are things going to change if I upgrade to 3.0?
you would program the effects in your presets differently - using the Config page instead of the FX page (now the FS page). from there, you can completely ignore the FS page and continue to just use Sticky Scenes. the main changes would be how you Enable or Bypass your blocks and change XY if you happen to not program anything on the FS page. please watch either the short or long version of my tutorial that shows the change: http://axefxtutorials.com/2016/01/video-fx8-firmware-3-00-public-beta-tutorial/

you would program the effects in your presets differently - using the Config page instead of the FX page (now the FS page). from there, you can completely ignore the FS page and continue to just use Sticky Scenes. the main changes would be how you Enable or Bypass your blocks and change XY if you happen to not program anything on the FS page. please watch either the short or long version of my tutorial that shows the change: http://axefxtutorials.com/2016/01/video-fx8-firmware-3-00-public-beta-tutorial/
Excellent thanks

I thought the same... then I checked out the new way and found it so much more flexible than what I was doing with Sticky Scenes that I adopted a new way and won't look back. I especially like that I can assign the Tempo/Bank On button to toggle between my two main scenes globally (or any of the three buttons on the right for that matter), and still have the other 8 switches for any combination of scenes and stomp box settings. They really did a great job with the new features. If you want to stick with your old way, I'd at least check out the new way first. I really found I like it much better.

I thought the same... then I checked out the new way and found it so much more flexible than what I was doing with Sticky Scenes that I adopted a new way and won't look back. I especially like that I can assign the Tempo/Bank On button to toggle between my two main scenes globally (or any of the three buttons on the right for that matter), and still have the other 8 switches for any combination of scenes and stomp box settings. They really did a great job with the new features. If you want to stick with your old way, I'd at least check out the new way first. I really found I like it much better.
I'm all about change for the better. There used to be a slight lag when switching between sticky scenes...has that been corrected with 3.0?

I'm all about change for the better. There used to be a slight lag when switching between sticky scenes...has that been corrected with 3.0?
there should be no lag switching between Scenes on 2.00 or 3.00 or any firmware.

if you have FX8-Edit connected, there is additional USB communication which causes audio gaps. FX8-Edit is not meant for performance and this is normal.

Prior to V3.00, high CPU utilization could induce a small amount of lag in scene changes at high CPU levels. A great deal of effort has been made to both lower the CPU requirements of certain high CPU effects, such as Reverb, and to optimize footswitch interaction. All I can say, is try it and see what you think.

Please read all the notes before installing, and I highly suggest you backup your system and presets before proceeding. That way, if you wish to go back to V2.00, you have not lost anything.

I think you will be as pleased as everyone else seems to be.

Back
Top Bottom