FX8 display upside down & reversed

dmusic1

Good morning my Fractal Forum Friends (FFF)!
At the gig last night I went to change scenes - I have the latest software version installed so I have the switches set to change scenes 1-4 , others are set for wah & their respective pedals - when I noticed that the info in the display was not only upside down but also reversed. What I mean is the info for my 'top' slots was now on the 'bottom' slots and vice versa AND the info in each slot seemed like it was upside down and reversed. It also seemed like the the sounds/scenes I had assigned to each slot had also 'flipped'. I thought I was seeing things. Happened in the middle of the last song of the night, had to turn the unit off then back on to get it back to normal. Definitely a glitch of some kind. Has anyone seen this before?

Sounds like you need to contact customer support. I would recommend taking a picture if it happens again to help them out if possible.

Sounds like you need to contact customer support. I would recommend taking a picture if it happens again to help them out if possible.

Yep, I submitted a ticket to support. Had another little weird thing that happened on a gig a couple weeks ago where I lost sound when trying to switch a preset. Turned the unit off then back on, still nothing. Thought it might be a cord or my wireless, disconnected from the unit and went straight to amp and that worked. Plugged back into the FX8 and it worked again. Don't know it the 2 incidents are tied together but I reported that too.

Any news here?

Yes, Fractal told me to ship it to them so they can check it out, still under warranty. It hasn't done it again (of course). You know how it is, probably won't do it while they have it. Hope they find something. Shipped it this week. Cost me about $92 with double boxing and insurance (UPS Store). Hope they find something. I'll keep you posted.

zero insurance on packages sent through the post office, its not worth the headache. Though that sounds extremely high to ship and insure that package. did you have to buy packaging or something?

zero insurance on packages sent through the post office, its not worth the headache. Though that sounds extremely high to ship and insure that package. did you have to buy packaging or something?

Yes, had to buy packaging. They said it had to be double boxed due to the weight.

UPDATE: got email from FAS they received to unit, that was about noon today. It said a tech would be looking at it in 1-2 business days. Got 2 more emails around 2:00 that confirmed shipping of a package. Don't know if it's another FX8 or if they found something with mine and fixed it & shipped back. Maybe I'll get more info later.

Yes, had to buy packaging. They said it had to be double boxed due to the weight.
Its more like for an insurance claim to be considered valid it has to be double boxed is why. If its not double boxed and gets damaged and you go to make a claim, They will deny it.

UPDATE:Got my unit back a couple days ago. No mention as to if they found something wrong or not. I assume they did because I didn't have to pay for shipping back to me. At any rate, I'm glad to have it back. Used my pedalboard last weekend and it was OK but I really missed the FX8. Thanks FAS for the really quick turnaround.

image.jpeg Well another update: had to put in another ticket to support. Now the display has gone dark, meaning it's not backlit. Just went ...dark. I turned it off and back on, adjusted the contrast & nothing. It did 'blink' on for a minute then back to dark again. This is what I'm seeing now. Back to my backup again.

Back
Top Bottom