FX8 channel switching mini amp gizmo/EVH 5150 iii Stealth

Just bought the fx 8 and need help configuring the mini amp gizmo to switch channels on the EVH 5150iii. Tried setting it the way the manual suggests to no avail. No response from the gizmo when I assign a # to the midi pc within a preset.

Just FYI. No need for the Mini Amp Gizmo....Bestronics can make you a 7DIN to dual TRS relay jack cable and forgo the Gizmo. $75 for a 30ft run.

Really?Thats good news. Will make things alot simpler. I've been trying to find a cable like that online without much luck. I dont know if having the fx 8 in stombox mode may have had something to do with it. I went back and read the manual again and the directions were out of scene mode. I'll try tonight. Thanks alot for the info on the cable Tremonti. Appreciate it.

Yeah. The gizmo seems to be fine. I'm going to try puttibg the fx8 into scene mode tonight. That might be where I was setting it up wrong.In the mean time, I'll order one of the cables Tremonti suggested.

Does the cable allow the effects loop to stay on all the time?I'm running the fx-8 in 4 cm. A little off topic but I've been running a decimator g string to eliminate the white noise from the amp. You guys use or still use the g string or are you using the noise gate from the fx8?

I found a dual trs to 7 pin on their website but it was for a fender supersonic. Will this still work or did you have a custom cable made?

Does the cable allow the effects loop to stay on all the time?I'm running the fx-8 in 4 cm. A little off topic but I've been running a decimator g string to eliminate the white noise from the amp. You guys use or still use the g string or are you using the noise gate from the fx8?

On all the time is only way. At least for the EVH head.

I found a dual trs to 7 pin on their website but it was for a fender supersonic. Will this still work or did you have a custom cable made?

Each amp is different. Bestronics made custom one for me. I believe he mentioned it will be standard production soon.

I plan on using my Decimator 2 G-String with the FX-8. Why waste a block trying to emulate the best noise reduction ever. I'm also keeping my Eventide Space to avoid reverb CPU issues.

I plan on using my Decimator 2 G-String with the FX-8. Why waste a block trying to emulate the best noise reduction ever. I'm also keeping my Eventide Space to avoid reverb CPU issues.

The guy I bought mine off sold it me cause he didnt like the reverb. He was trying to get strymon reverbs out of it with no luck I guess.

The guy I bought mine off sold it me cause he didnt like the reverb. He was trying to get strymon reverbs out of it with no luck I guess.

Meh, I guess some people have no sense of reality. Reverb has always been a CPU hog on every single platform ever, to expect it not to be one here is just dumb.

Just bought the fx 8 and need help configuring the mini amp gizmo to switch channels on the EVH 5150iii. Tried setting it the way the manual suggests to no avail. No response from the gizmo when I assign a # to the midi pc within a preset.

Does the MAG change channels in the EVH when you manually push the buttons on the MAG without using MIDI?

If not then it looks like a problem with the cable from the MAG to the amp. Bear in mind the MAG draws a lot of milliamps so check you have enough from your supply.

If the MAG is changing channels manually then have a look in the global MIDI settings on the FX8 to make sure it's send a pc message on scene change. I'll dry and dig out the right section for you when I get a minute.

Does the MAG change channels in the EVH when you manually push the buttons on the MAG without using MIDI?

If not then it looks like a problem with the cable from the MAG to the amp. Bear in mind the MAG draws a lot of milliamps so check you have enough from your supply.

If the MAG is changing channels manually then have a look in the global MIDI settings on the FX8 to make sure it's send a pc message on scene change. I'll dry and dig out the right section for you when I get a minute.
I figured out that problem some time ago,thanks anyway.

Does anyone have a link for this cable being mentioned?
I'll sell u mine. It won't do you any good until they upgrade the firmware.The amp gizmo set up works great just sucks having to have an extra piece of equipment. It's bestronics mfg. if you really want to go with the cable.

I'll sell u mine. It won't do you any good until they upgrade the firmware.The amp gizmo set up works great just sucks having to have an extra piece of equipment. It's bestronics mfg. if you really want to go with the cable.

Thanks for the offer! What's the current problem now, that a firmware update would solve?

Back
Top Bottom