FX8 - Basic Operating Principles?

Lydian

Hi All,

So prior to the arrival on Thursday I wanted to get my head around the various methods of using the FX8 live, particularly in relation to using scenes and presets.

So here are a few questions if I may?

• Can you set the state of the two relays independently per scene? I.e. So Scene 1 could be clean, then scene 2 be overdrive channel within the same preset?
  • Do relays need to be linked to a physical pedal in order to have their state set and thus saved, or can you set them per preset/scene from within a menu?
  • Can you copy presets from one to another?
  • Are levels in each preset/scene independent from each other or are levels global? (I.e. input, send 1 etc).
  • Would I be correct in thinking there's a global EQ and if so can this be disabled? (I know it could be set at 0dB per band) Or can global EQ settings be saved per preset?
  • In more general terms do you guys tend to use a preset per song then swap between scenes with in that song, or do you use a preset per sound per song?
I've had a look at the manual, but it's a little out of context when I don't have the unit in front of me!

Cheers All!

Hi Lydian,
with FX8-Edit it´s very easy to do the settings:

1) yes
2) I do this with FX8-Edit also without a physical pedal
3) yes simply FX8-Edit copy preset to a new number
4) you can choose the level of each scene individually pre and post
5) I don´t know
6) I prefer using the first way (scenes)

Cheers Baerti

• In more general terms do you guys tend to use a preset per song then swap between scenes with in that song, or do you use a preset per sound per song?
I use presets as songs in order of a set list and scenes are the individual tones/sounds, within the preset.

Hi Lydian,
with FX8-Edit it´s very easy to do the settings:

1) yes
2) I do this with FX8-Edit also without a physical pedal
3) yes simply FX8-Edit copy preset to a new number
4) you can choose the level of each scene individually pre and post
5) I don´t know
6) I prefer using the first way (scenes)

Cheers Baerti

I use presets as songs in order of a set list and scenes are the individual tones/sounds, within the preset.

Thanks for the replies chaps!

Back
Top Bottom