FX8 as straight up stompbox - video demo

The preset is now available for download in Joe's thread. Rock on.

very much appreciated, Brett.
I realised my amp was freaking out with the drives of your preset, in the first second did not realise all the blocks of the preset were on - that woke me up a bit ;-)).
I also tried some settings posted by Phaneuf and noticed one thing:
When I have the Volume (first stage) of my Redplate amp turned up to 3 or 4 (max = 10), which is my normal setting, the amp distorts as hell. I have to dial down the amps volume to 1 to have a decent sound with your drive block settings.
Question: As your parameters do not include a special boost in a certain block: Are you guys setting up your presets with the preamp volume of the amp rolled all the way down or like me rather up at 1/3? maybe I´m just having a different taste, but all the drive blocks/presets i tried sound only good when I have the preamp vol. of my amp fully turned down. Will check this again in the rehearsal room tomorrow...

Thanks anyways for posting your presets here.

very much appreciated, Brett.
I realised my amp was freaking out with the drives of your preset, in the first second did not realise all the blocks of the preset were on - that woke me up a bit ;-)).
I also tried some settings posted by Phaneuf and noticed one thing:
When I have the Volume (first stage) of my Redplate amp turned up to 3 or 4 (max = 10), which is my normal setting, the amp distorts as hell. I have to dial down the amps volume to 1 to have a decent sound with your drive block settings.
Question: As your parameters do not include a special boost in a certain block: Are you guys setting up your presets with the preamp volume of the amp rolled all the way down or like me rather up at 1/3? maybe I´m just having a different taste, but all the drive blocks/presets i tried sound only good when I have the preamp vol. of my amp fully turned down. Will check this again in the rehearsal room tomorrow...

Thanks anyways for posting your presets here.

I'm unfamiliar with your amp but I can tell you that my preset was written for a spotlessly clean amp with plenty of headroom. Therein probably lies the difference in performance between our respective amps. I'll attempt a preset for a semi-dirty amp in the near future. :)

Back
Top Bottom