FX8 and 5150 50 watt

Has anyone used the FX8 with the 5150 50 watt head? I'm just wondering about switching amp channels using the FX8 with the 5150 MIDI, basically how easy it is and what the process is. Awaiting my invite like most.

That's all.

DSJ

I don't have the 5150 III 50 watt any more but it should be easy to handle. Whatever midi command number the three channels need (PC #1... PC #2... PC #3.... I think) you will be able to assign your choice to each FX 8 preset as well as to each FX8 Scene if you want to. You also will be able to use a bit of clean boost programmed into the presets as needed to get the volume drop between Green and Blue channel taken care of.
Should be a great match.

Thanks, randombastage. That's good to know. I had the G System and that was pretty user friendly on setting up the 5150 channels. I like the fact that this has the boost. I was actually thinking of getting my amp modded to fix that, but if the FX8 can do it, then i'll leave it alone. Of course seeing as how I sent my wait list request in about 3 to 4 weeks ago, I'm sure I won't be getting my invite anytime soon. Although that gives me more time to sell blood so I can pay for it when I do get the invite. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom