Out 1: Everything (Guitar + Sampler)
Out 2: Everything (Guitar + Sampler)

What I hear (bug?):
Out 1: Everything (Guitar + Sampler)
Out 2: Nothing

If I change the layout to the following:
In > Amp > Cab > FX Loop > Out

This is what I hear:
Out 1 (stereo): Everything (Guitar + Sampler)
Out 2 (stereo): Guitar

According to the manual:
COPY OUT 1 TO OUT 2 OFF/ON
This switch causes OUT 2 to be fed by a copy of OUT 1 instead of the signal from the FX LOOP block. Its use is suited to a wide range of applications such as feeding amps and a recorder at the same time, sending identical signals to Front of House and Stage monitors while retaining separate front panel knob level control over each, using the Axe-Fx II simultaneously with both Stereo and Mono systems (see OUTPUT 1/2 MODE above), and more.

Is it possible I am doing something wrong, or is this feature not working properly?

I can post a patch if needed, but the layout above should be sufficient to repro the problem.

when it says "copy of OUT 1 instead of the signal from the FX Loop Block" it means when you are not using the FX Loop block in a preset.

Copy Out 1 to Out 2 only works if an FX Loop block is not present. Once you put an FX Loop block, Output 2 is the FX Loop signal out, depending on where it is in the Layout.

you cannot use an FX Loop block to insert an Input somewhere in the chain and bypass that FX Loop block output, instead having a Copy Out 1 signal.

not a bug. this is how it has always worked.

you can use both sets of stereo outputs from Out 1, XLR and 1/4", but they will be tied to the same physical output knob and volume level.

when it says "copy of OUT 1 instead of the signal from the FX Loop Block" it means when you are not using the FX Loop block in a preset.

Copy Out 1 to Out 2 only works if an FX Loop block is not present. Once you put an FX Loop block, Output 2 is the FX Loop signal out, depending on where it is in the Layout.

you cannot use an FX Loop block to insert an Input somewhere in the chain and bypass that FX Loop block output, instead having a Copy Out 1 signal.

not a bug. this is how it has always worked.

you can use both sets of stereo outputs from Out 1, XLR and 1/4", but they will be tied to the same physical output knob and volume level.
You can build a workaround like in the picture attached. Just make sure your FXL loop is set up properly. Also always turn up the volume on Out 2 SLOWLY, as a setup like this can cause serious feedback loops when unplugging/plugging cables! Also, there is a small bug with this setting: if you don't have the left jack of INPUT2 used, you can't use the right jack.

The Feedback SND and RTN basicly create a copy of OUT1 and feed OUT2 with it manually. This mimics the "Copy Out1 to Out2" feature.

Attachments

• route.jpg
    route.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 13
If this is the expected behavior, I have to say the docs are misleading.

I would expect the docs to say "This switch causes OUT 2 to be fed by a copy of OUT 1, if the FX LOOP block is not present in the preset", rather than "... instead of the signal from the FX LOOP block." (which indicates the FX LOOP output is discarded in favor of OUT 1).

In addition, I would love to see an update to the firmware that honored the "COPY OUT 1 TO OUT 2" setting, regardless of the presence of the FX LOOP. This would open up other routing possibilities, like the one I'm trying to use. :)

I'll try out the suggested alternative routing (though I'm a little bummed that I will need to apply it to over 20 presets).

If this is the expected behavior, I have to say the docs are misleading.
I would expect the docs to say "This switch causes OUT 2 to be fed by a copy of OUT 1, if the FX LOOP block is not present in the preset", rather than "... instead of the signal from the FX LOOP block." (which indicates the FX LOOP output is discarded in favor of OUT 1).

Tip: use the Wiki instead of the manual, when possible. The manual is incorporated in the Wiki. And contains useful additions such as the impact of using FXL on Copy Out1 to Out2.

FXL (block) - Axe-Fx II Wiki
I/O menu (front panel) - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Back
Top Bottom