FX loop question

axepilot

Inspired
Did the search and the Wiki, still not clear.....

I have a G Major gathering dust and I'm thinking about adding it to my rack. My plan is to use the G Major for some effects to put in with whatever patch I have selected on the Axe FX - ala stomp box mode.

The logical routing is using Input2 and Output2 for the loop. Is this routing correct / possible, "on" all of the time, or do I need to configure it?

axepilot said:
The logical routing is using Input2 and Output2 for the loop. Is this routing correct / possible, "on" all of the time, or do I need to configure it?
When I was playing around with my superdelay that's how I did it. output 2 --> superdelay in, superdelay out --> input 2. Mono in my case so it was all run on the left channel.

To access the superdelay from an Axe-Fx patch I had to drop in an "Effects Loop" block. This routed the signal out to the output 2 outs, and back in from the input 2 ins -- worked great. Any patch you'd want to use the G-Major with would need an Effects Loop block. It's a pretty powerful thing -- you can basically place the G-Major anywhere in the routing matrix on a per-patch basis. That's mind-blowingly cool. :)

iaresee said:
axepilot said:
When I was playing around with my superdelay that's how I did it. output 2 --> superdelay in, superdelay out --> input 2. Mono in my case so it was all run on the left channel.

To access the superdelay from an Axe-Fx patch I had to drop in an "Effects Loop" block. This routed the signal out to the output 2 outs, and back in from the input 2 ins -- worked great. Any patch you'd want to use the G-Major with would need an Effects Loop block. It's a pretty powerful thing -- you can basically place the G-Major anywhere in the routing matrix on a per-patch basis. That's mind-blowingly cool. :)

Most excellent! That is just what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure before I install the G major and patch it in. Thanks!

axepilot said:
iaresee said:
axepilot said:

Most excellent! That is just what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure before I install the G major and patch it in. Thanks!

you can also switch the fx loop on/off so you can take it out of the loop in a patch.

I'll take it that turning an FX loop block off effectively shunts it. This is going to work out better than I thought. :D

Back
Top Bottom