FX Loop Question

Joero6

Inspired
I tried to use the FX Loop for the 1st time today on the AXE 2 XL+. I placed the FX Loop in my signal chain, between an amp and cab block to try and use my external noise gate. The cables then ran like this. From output 2 L to input of gate, from output of hate to Input 2 L of Axe. Didn't work....When I bypass the loop block I get audio and when it is on I get dead silence. Replace the gate with a delay and same thing. Do i need special cables or do I need to tewak a setting that I forgot? Thanks Joe

I tried to use the FX Loop for the 1st time today on the AXE 2 XL+. I placed the FX Loop in my signal chain, between an amp and cab block to try and use my external noise gate. The cables then ran like this. From output 2 L to input of gate, from output of hate to Input 2 L of Axe. Didn't work....When I bypass the loop block I get audio and when it is on I get dead silence. Replace the gate with a delay and same thing. Do i need special cables or do I need to tewak a setting that I forgot? Thanks Joe

Did you turn up the OUT2 knob on the Axe?

Thanks, It was the output 2 knob. If I run the output 1 wide open, and control the overall level with the MatrixGT1000FX, should the output 2 be the same or should it be set different? Sorry, still on my 2nd week with the axe and still learning new stuff everyday...thank God for this site! Joe

No problem, welcome aboard. Outputs 1 & 2 don't have to be set the same. As you've found out, output 2 fully clockwise when using that for an FX loop.
Output 1 can be set any way it works for you separate from it.

No problem, welcome aboard. Outputs 1 & 2 don't have to be set the same. As you've found out, output 2 fully clockwise when using that for an FX loop.
Output 1 can be set any way it works for you separate from it.
Thanks so much. these little problems keep popping up and it's nice that people take the time to help us. Joe

Don't worry about it. I've been around for a while and still regularly seek advice. (Forgotten about output 2 in conjunction with the FXL block numerous times myself.)
This forum is a great place to be. Enjoy the journey.

Back
Top Bottom